Oblivion

My hand was gripped tightly to my luggage, as I followed my Parent's lead, through the crowded platform. The air was crisp as the cool breeze softly blew along my skin making it tingle. The excitement felt like the only emotion on this platform, and when the train finally arrived the emotion felt heightened.

"Euphemia this spot should be fine." Dad signaled, calling us over with his hand, into a clearing on the platform. Following his lead, I parked my trunk against the brick wall.

"Now James please don't go making any more trouble this year. Poor Minerva is really having a hard time keeping you and your friends in place," Mum reminded James while pulling him into a tight hug.

"Mum please let go of me, you are suffocating me," James said through fake gasps for air. Mum just smiled when releasing him, before motioning me to come to hug her.

"Yes yes, oh and Eleftheria, enjoy this year, make the most of it please, and say hi to Blair for me," Now it was my turn to be suffocated from my Mum's warm hugs. I rested my head on her shoulder, as she rubbed my back. Her daisy scented perfume filling the air around me. I was going to miss these hugs.

"I will Mum," I said, my voice muffled in her shoulder. When she finally let go of me, Dad brought James and me into a group hug.

"Have fun this year kiddos, don't miss me too much," His deep but loving voice spoke.

"We will try not to," I said smiling at him. James and I began to wheel our luggage quickly realizing we might miss the train if we don't start heading now.

"Mum and I love you two so much, now make sure you guys look after each other please," Dad called out to us with one arm wrapped around Mum.

"When don't I look out for El," James called back sarcastically wrapping his arm around me.

"You're a jerk," I said, shrugging his arm off. He laughed and ran off to find his menace of friends.

I lifted my luggage onto the train, saying hi to familiar faces. All summer I've been excited for 4th year but now that I've boarded the train, I felt a bit nauseous. It was a feeling in the pit of my stomach. It felt like my breakfast was washing around as a liquid, but then at the same time, it felt like a stone. It was obviously to do with You-Know-Who's rise in power.

The thought made me want to vomit. There is a possibility that people at this school might join his side, or potentially already have. Dad told us to stay safe, but I know he really was only aiming it at me, due to the house I'm in. I've known these kids my whole life, there not just going to attack me, and to be fair I'm probably safer than James, considering the large twit he is.

"Oi James Junior." A voice called out from behind me. I whipped my head around to see a slim, tall, olive-skinned boy running towards me. His dark black locks pulled tightly into a man bun while the rest flopped in front of his face.

"How is your bedroom looking?" The boy said while greeting me with a punch. James snickered to himself.

"You asshole Sirius!" I was just about to go in for a swing when a hand caught my wrist. It was Remus. His normal friendly hazel eyes looked stern when I rolled mine at him.

'Damn,' I thought to myself, 'this boy has got some strength, considering the lack of muscle he has.'

"Are you two for real, the school year hasn't even started yet, and you both are already fighting."

"Just friendly banter Moony, no need to worry," Sirius said while giving me a light punch on the shoulder.

"Mhm definitely, anyways I'm going to go find Blair," I told the boys and with that, I was off.

After looking in each compartment to see where Blair was, I finally find her.

I slid the compartment door over, causing it to make a horrendous squeaking noise. Blair mimicked the noise quite perfectly when she saw who it was. She threw herself at me, making me stumble, but I did not care at all. Oh, how glad I was to see her again.

"Oh my gosh, I have missed you so much El!" she squealed.

"Same, how have you been?" I said while throwing my luggage up onto the racks.

"Eh alright, Justin Abbott still hasn't stopped with the love letters," Blair said while taking a seat.

Blair Zabini was the most gorgeous girl at the school, all the boys wanted her, but she has never dated a single one. It's quite upsetting and embarrassing for them actually. They need to take the hint.

"Merlin, isn't he in my brother's year?"

"That would make a lot of sense and ew," She began to giggle. "But speaking of your brother, how much trouble did they cause you this Summer?"

"Oh my god, I felt like using the killing curse on them, they turned my room into a freaking swamp. I did get them back, put the Prewett Twins itching potion in their beds. It was the best thing I did all Summer."

"What assholes."

"Mhm."

It was great to finally catch up on everything. I felt the happiest with her like I could be my own person, and no one would judge. She allowed me to take steps out of my comfort zone but helped me enjoy it at the same time. Some people find it weird how Blair and I are friends, but it makes sense to us. I keep her grounded and she pushes me forward.

"I am actually starving, could we please go find the trolley lady!"

"Yeah, let's go," I opened the sliding door, and caught a glimpse of where the trolley lady was heading.

We began to run in hopes of catching her before she had to restock.

"You know I could really go for a chocolate frog right now."

"Really? I was thinking more of a pumpkin pas-"

Thump.

The crash of four different sets of limbs, and heavy cologne caused me to lose my footing and fall onto my side, hitting my shoulder on the carpeted floor. The fiery sensation shot up my arm and it began to throb.

"I'm so-" But as I looked up and made contact with the icy green eyes glaring at me, I immediately regretted what I was about to say.

"Nice to see you again Potter."

"Good to see you too Black."