Strikhedonia

"I'm going need to sanitise these hands considering I just touched a blood traitor," Evan Rosier spat at me.

His chocolate eyes were meant to spread warmth, but they were doing everything other than that. As he began to stand up, he brushed off the supposedly dust on his suit, then moved to his sandy hair, brushing it out of his eyes.

After he finished staring at me for what felt like an eternity, he moved his eyesight down to Regulus where he gave him a hand to stand up.

"Yeah, and I'm sure El doesn't want your new tattoo to touch her arm either," Blair spoke, grinning at her remark, clearly quite pleased with what she said.

"Keep your voice down," Evan hushed her, "And for your information Zabini I don't have the dark mark," He pulled his sleeve up aggressively to show his bare, left forearm.

"It won't be like that for too long Sir," I teased patting his bare forearm before he whacked it off.

Blair gave me a proud slap on the back followed by a loud chuckle, the boys however, did not appreciate the joke.

"Woah, Ellie's got a voice this year," There it was, that bloody nickname, I began to consider punching Regulus now instead of his brother.

"Don't call me Ellie."

He threw his hands up in the air mocking a surrender, to which his smirk began to raise higher along his face pale face. He began to run his fingers through his black curls, before resting his arm on Evan's shoulder.

"Calm down, calm down, anyways Ellie," Regulus chortled, "I'll call you whatever I want, and on a sidenote tell your family to stop pulling mine apart."

"Maybe your brother would spend more time with you if you didn't have a maniac mother."

Regulus clenched his jaw.

"Or maybe my brother would spend more time with my family if your mother wasn't such a bitch."

Blair was saying something to me, but it was muffled when it met my ears. The rage began to flow throw me like lava, it began to consume me and my thoughts. My fist started to clench, and I became utterly breathless.

"Go to hell with it!" I fumed.

My fist, fired with anger, balled up, and took a shot at his nose.

My knuckles felt like they were on fire, instantly bruising from the impact. It appeared to me that Regulus's nose was a bit more crooked than usual, and I knew at that point, I hit it where it hurt. His eyebrows furrowed as his sized me up and down. The tension felt as high as the Astronomy Tower.

"We've got to go now. It was nice seeing you boys," Blair announced, pulling my arm to drag me away back to the safety of our compartment.

I started to grin uncontrollably; I couldn't believe I just did that.

***

"You are such a badass," Blair preached, taking a seat in our compartment.

We had just got back from getting dressed into our robes, ready to head off to Hogwarts.

"I think I broke his nose," I was now feeling a bit worried about what the consequences would be.

"You sure did," Blair boomed gleefully, however when she saw my face, she instantly changed the tone of her voice and squeezed my hand, "Don't stress El, he started it first, he called your Mum a bitch for merlin's sake, any normal being would act like that."

"I suppose you are right."

"Come on let's get our trunks and get off this train, I want that treacle tart, oh my gosh and that mashed potato. Because of you I never got my bloody chocolate frog and now I'm starving."

"Gee alright I'm sorry," I surrendered, sliding the compartment door open, "I'm hungry too."

***

My trunk definitely got a lot heavier this year, throwing It up onto the carriages was a heave.

The carriages, however, were beautiful. It was a smokey colour, cushioned by velvet seats, and slightly lit by a damp lantern that gave off an eerie but comforting feeling. Gracefully being pulled by the existence of a thestral.

To my disappoint I was unable to see them, however Blair was. I was still unsure how she could, but Blair likes to keep that part of her life hushed up.

The castle lights soon came into focus, as the carriages moved along the gravel road. The warm, fuzzy feeling in my body made me realise this is my second home. I couldn't help but smile at the view, and as I looked beside me, I realised Blair was smiling to.

At Hogwarts I was safe, and soon the worries about You-Know-Who had vanished.

The carriage door was opened by a little house elf who welcomed us back to Hogwarts, I gave him a smile before Blair, and I linked arms and headed to the entrance.

***

The Great Hall was decorated so elegantly. A charm was placed on the ceiling to make it look like a starry night. Lanterns drifted around the room, and ghosts floated joyfully greeting all of us students, and wishing us luck for our year.

I was mesmerized by it all.

"El babe," A voice called out to me, "I haven't seen you in so long love," and as I moved my eyes to find where the voice was calling from, I saw Marlene running with her arms out towards me.

Her blonde hair bouncing up and down as he pulled me into a tight tug. I noticed that she had got a nose ring and my goodness did it look good on her.

"Marl you need to come over to our house again, Mum misses you so much!" I said so excited to see her again.

Marlene was honestly like a big sister to me, I loved her like a sister too. Her and James have been best friends for as long as I can remember, so I have pretty much grown up with her.

"Yes well tell Effie when James invites me over again I will catch up with her," She grinned, "I better head back to my table," She said heading over to the Gryffindor table and after blowing a quick kiss to me and Blair.

"You know I heard that she is dating Dorcas," Blair asked me, questioning if this was true or not.

"Yes, they really are the cutest couple Hogwarts has."

After catching up with a few people, Blair and I finally made our way to the Slytherin table.

Dumbledore started off with his speech that felt like it went on for decades. To be completely honest, I just wanted to eat.

The first years then walked in through the doors, looking terrified as usual. I really can't imagine us being that small in the first year. One girl looked in my direction and I gave her a quick smile, before she shot her head in the other direction. Does it look like I bite?

After many cheers for new Slytherins the feast had finally began.

I devoured the pork chops with the mashed potato, it was my favourite food combination. However, nothing beats the Elf's treacle tart. I could eat that all day every day and never get sick of it.

"Ellie if you keep eating that treacle tart, you'll look like a treacle tart," Regulus snickered.

"Regulus if I wanted to talk to a bitch, I would have brought a dog," I smiled and flicked a bit of mashed potato at him.

"Two can play this game Ellie."

As I looked up at him, he grinned and chucked mashed potato into my hair.

"You di-"

"Well boys and girls, it is best for you to head back to your dormitories, as lessons will start in the morning," Dumbledore smiled at us all and gestured us to leave the great hall.