Elixir

A faint distant voice was calling, my throat felt dry and I was craving some water. As my eyes slowly fluttered open, and came into focus I realised Blair was all dressed in her Slytherin robes, shaking me viciously.

"Crap Blair, what's the time?" My voice cracked as I quickly chucked the blankets on the floor.

"It's 8:30," She walked over to the bathroom and begun to brush her teeth, "I've been calling your name for like half an hour," Toothpaste flavoured spit was flying across the room.

I threw my shirt onto my cool skin and started buttoning it up. Once I had finished, I grabbed my tie and placed it over my head. But as I tried to secure it my shaky hands kept fumbling.

"Merlins beard, I can't get this bloody tie to work!" I shouted in frustration.

Finally it cooperated and looked neat and tidy around my neck. I ran over into our dorm's bathroom, the tiled floors feeling cold on my feet, but I did not have enough time to complain. I opened up the drawer situated under the mirror and pulled out my toothbrush and toothpaste, and scrubbed like it was the last time I was going to brush my teeth.

I looked into the mirror and pulled my chocolaty wavy hair into a low ponytail with a middle part, carefully pulling out two strands at the front of my hair.

"It's 8:50 El," Blair called out to me from our dorm room's door, "I don't want Slughorn giving us a detention on our first day back."

"I'm coming now," I ran out of the bathroom and with that we were off.

***

"Good Morning ladies you are just on time, come take a seat," Slughorn spoke very calmly with his husky voice.

I followed Blair through the classroom to find two chairs situated at the back. We took our seats and pulled out our intermediate potion making book. I dipped my feather in ink and began to copy down notes Professor Slughorn was writing on the board.

"Does anyone know why the brew of bloodlust is dangerous and a forbidden potion?" Slughorn said with concern painted across his face.

I shot my hand up, smiling widely, I thought to myself, 'Who doesn't know the answer to this?'

"Yes Miss Potter."

"It is because even though you become more powerful once taking this potion it only occurs for a couple of days before you become weaker," Blair gave me a high-five when Professor Slughorn replied to my answer with a nod.

"Yes this is correct however," Slughorn's eyes travelled to someone else's hand in the room, "Oh well yes Mr Black, do you have an answer?"

"Yes, well even though you do become weaker, the potion also gives you the option to not face these side effects by causing the people you love to become weaker instead. It truly is a brutal potion and there is no good way of coming out of it," he spoke passionately like he had years of knowledge on this potion.

"Well done Mr Black, 10 points to Slytherin. Now class I would appreciate it if you continued to write down the notes on the board as next lesson we will start making the
Caxambu Style Borborygmus Potion."

The booming of the bell indicated class was over and so we quickly began to pack up our things and leave the classroom.

"Blair you don't understand how embarrassing this is for me, i'm the top student in potions and I was completely humiliated by someone who doesn't even try."

"Ouch," the cold voice spoke, "You know that's a tough call to come from someone who is actually ranked the same as me in potions, I guess we can be top students together."

His cold hands patted me on the back before he strutted off. I watched him intently before he swung his head back around.

"Oh wait I want to be the top student by myself, I guess I will just humiliate you every lesson," He blew me a kiss and they began to cackle like witches, before linking arms and skipping off.

"It's ok you can just crush him in charms, i'm pretty sure he is failing that class," Blair said with a sly smirk on her face.

"Yeah sure," But in reality I wanted to destroy that jerk in charms.

***

My stomach was grumbling and groaning, I was scared it might start to eat itself. I had to skip dinner to catch up on my history of magic homework, that he gave to us on the first day. But as the blankets were softly wrapped around my body and my mind was buzzing was thoughts I suddenly didn't feel so hungry at all.

"Hey Blair, you still awake?"

"Mm," She grumbled, probably annoyed i've tried to wake her up.

"Are you scared?"

She sat up in a shot, it was hard to see her in the dark but it was clear I now had her full attention.

"Of what?"

"Voldemort-"

"Don't say that word," Blair spoke sternly. It was something she hated, I still don't understand exactly why.

"Sorry. But like You-Know-Who, and what our future will look like because of him."

"Yeah. I'm completely terrified, but El we are in our teenage years, let's enjoy it while we can alright."

She was now walking over to come sit on my bed.

"Marlene invited us to the gryffindor party on Friday night, you interested?"

"James will be pissed if he sees me there, but that makes it more the better to go."

"Alright awesome, can't wait," She travelled back over to her bed and tucked herself in the covers again.

Through the dimness of the room my eyes made out what looked to be a kiss blown in my direction, so I blew one back.

Hopefully this party can help get rid of these bad thoughts I prayed.

A/N
Hey guys sorry this chapter is a bit of a short one, I hope you all are enjoying it. If there is anything you guys want to see please tell me and I will try my best to incorporate it. Have a good day <3