Desires

"For Merlin's sake, why won't this bloody wand produce any water?" Blair grunted throwing her wand on the floor.

"Calm down Blair, you're going to break your wand if you keep throwing tantrums. Just take your time and make sure everything is pronounced clearly and the actions are precise," I insisted picking up her wand from off the ground.

"Easy for you to say, Miss 'I'm at the top of the class'."

"And that is why you should listen to me," I remarked smugly.

The day was coming to end with charms being our last class. Black and I had decided we would meet up for the first time tonight, as tomorrow was our match against Gryffindor, and the next day would be Halloween. In Hogwarts, all these events lead to parties, so the best and safest option for Regulus and I to hang out with each other would be tonight.

"Also El, we still haven't decided as what we are going as for Halloween!"

"Crap, isn't it in like two days?"

"Yeah something like that. I was thinking, the star and the sun, or cupid and anti-cupid."

"I'm sorry what is anti-cupid?"

Blair smiled, "Anti-cupid doesn't believe in love so she breaks people up instead of making them fall in love. So you."

Ouch, that hurt.

"Excuse me, I believe in love!"

"When was the last time you dated someone?"

I tried to think of anyone, someone, that I ever dated, even if I was a first year. But the truth was I've never liked someone.

"That's my point, so it's decided then I'll be Cupid and you'll be Anti-Cupid."

"Yeah fine whatever," I rolled my eyes at Blair, but deep down I knew she had a point.

***

Our plan was that Black and I would tell our friends that we are going to sleep and at 10:30pm, when approximately everyone has made their way from the common room to their dorm, is when Black and I would sneak out.

If anyone for some reason came out of their dorm to the common room, Black would pretend he is asleep and I would pretend I am reading a book.

I rolled over to check the time of my mini blue clock, the time read 10:00pm.

"Goodnight Blair."

"Goodnight babe," she called back out to me. The best thing about Blair is that she falls asleep in a beat. By the time the clock hits 10:30pm, she would be out like a light.

I lied in silence for 30 bloody minutes. I watched the ripples of the black lake reflecting on the dark dorm wall. My silky sheets lied softly on my body, causing my eyes to start drooping, however I pushed past the fatigue waiting for the clock to hit 10:30, and finally it did.

I hopped out of bed chucking my Slytherin knitted jumper over me, making my way down to the common room.

Black seemed to be already sitting there taking in the warmth of the fire. He was comforted by the large, velvety armchair. I pulled over a leather stool, situating it right next to the fire, where I was able to inhale the warmth.

"Evening Potter."

"Evening Black."

Silence lasted for minutes, neither of us were unsure who should break it.