015.

sorry for any mistakes.

Trinity Hazel Banks.
Trin.. | May 1
-

"Hey daddy." I smiled, sitting across from him, and Boogie sat down right next to me.

"Wassup pops?" Boogie dapped him up.

"How y'all doing? Everything been alright?" He smiled, "I feel like I'an seen y'all in forever."

"Cause you haven't." I joked.

"But you know what I mean Mook." He chuckled.

"I'm just playing wit' ya daddy." I laughed.

"You been good in here man?" Boogie asked him, "You need anything?"

"I need fo' y'all to keep making me proud," He nodded, "How ya' mama doing? She ain't been answering any of my calls."

"I mean she been working a lot lately." I shrugged, and Boogie looked at me with a side eye.

"Take care of her y'all." He sighed, "We don't need her slipping away again."

"I mean, she ain't gave no signs of her— you know. She been in a good place daddy." I nodded.

"Ok, enough of that. Anything new wit' y'all?" He nodded, stroking his goatee.

"Business going good." Boogie spoke up.

"What business T? I hope you ain't still doing that shit man. I told you be better than me man, its only two things you get back in return for being in these streets. The streets wasn't made to love nobody." My daddy told him.

He was right, and I see where he coming from. Him and my uncle were the two biggest drug dealers out here; my uncle got shot up years ago, and my daddy sentenced for life.

"I ain't gone be no hypocrite Boog, I just want better for you son. I hate that I'm in here and y'all just left out here alone." He sighed, and looked over at me, "How everything holding up for you Mook?"

I sighed deciding not to tell him about me being practically laced because it was nothing he could really do about it but worry.

I glanced at Boogie cause he was being awkwardly quiet today like he was hiding something, I'ma just pry it out of him later. Looking back over at my daddy, who couldn't stop smiling, I just told him about the good shit going on in my life.

"Good, I'll be starting my classes soon for my last semester and then I'll finally be a Registered Dental Assistant." I smiled, "I think once I get my certificate I'ma start a teeth whitening business like I always wanted too."

"I'm so happy to hear that princess." My daddy smiled, "Y'all just keep on making me proud."

"Now I'm making you proud?" Boogie laughed.

"Boa' I'ma support you in whatever you do cause you my son, I might not always agree but you know I'm standing behind yo ass." He chuckled.

"I'ma stick beside him." I laughed.

"Y'all annoying." Boogie let out a short chuckle, "Just ghetto."

Knowing that my daddy would never see day light again really just didn't sit right with me. I felt like he did something that had to be done.

I'm not gone lie, lil 12 year old me did grow anger towards my mama, cause I felt like it was her fault. As I got older tho, I realized a lot of that shit was out of her control, and by that time it was nothing she could really do about it.

We stayed for a lil while longer, just talking and joking around. I hate that we get limited time to see my daddy, it just always felt like it was never enough.