the third

⚠️ Homophobia ⚠️

₍˄·͈·͈˄◞₊ ! 𓈒∿

ᝰ 🐰 ᝰ
[ 6 Years ago ]

"H-Hi Seungmin.." Jaemin was nervous, really nervous.

His heart was racing and he kept stuttering, he was beyond embarrassed.

"Hey Jaems, what's up?" Seungmin chuckled, eyeing Jaemin from where he was sitting—on a bench in the school's back garden.

"Uhm, well— Y-You see I—" He paused for a few seconds, trying to take a deep breath before continuing.

"I-I like you Seungmin!" Jaemin blurted out, averting the other's gaze while looking at the ground while he played with the hem of his uniform.

There was a brief pause, and the more seconds went by, the more Jaemin grew even more embarrassed and overwhelmed with anxiety.

"..You're gay?" Jaemin glanced up as he was confused, only to be looked at by Seungmin who's also confused.

"Huh? Oh.." Jaemin chuckled nervously, not really knowing what to do. "Y-Yeah.." He tried to smile but immediately failed to do so when he sees the boy in front of him frown.

"You like me?" Seungmin asked to which Jaemin just nods, nervously eyeing around his surroundings.

"That's weird bro." Seungmin stood up and walked towards Jaemin slowly, putting his hands in his pants pockets.

"W-What?"

"I said, that's weird, Jaemin." Seungmin scoffed, clearly disgusted at the boy before him.

"You're not supposed to like boys, it's disgusting." Jaemin froze, his eyes widened at Seungmin who just sighed deeply in disappointment.

"You're better than this Jaem, it's really weird."

Weird? Liking boys.. Is weird?

"D-Do you hate me? I— I'm sorry.." Jaemin hesitated, his eyes threatened to water.

"I don't hate you but you need to stop liking boys, you'll go to hell for it." And with that, he left.

Seungmin left and Jaemin was just dumbfounded.

The words disgusting, weird, hell kept running in his mind. He had never thought it was weird, even his parents said it wasn't.

Were they lying? Was he disgusting for liking boys? Will he go to hell because of it?

He walked towards the gardens wall, surrounding himself with greenery and flowers, and himself.

He felt lightheaded and his heart ached, he didn't want to go to hell.

The thoughts made him feel anxious and scared, what if his parents really were lying to him, that liking boys were bad, that he was horrible for it.