the ninth

₍˄·͈·͈˄◞₊ ! 𓈒∿

Na Jaemin.

The name of the love of his life, his world, his star, his future—Na Jaemin.

He loves everything about him, his smile, his laugh, the way he talks so lovingly to his friends, the way he's so eager to learn new things, the way he creates nicknames for his friends.

The way Jaemin would smile at the most simplest things, the way he would always be happy to help people, the way he always makes time for his friends and family.

He loves it all.

It was simple, they became friends when they were kids and as the time passed by, he quickly grew a liking to the boy.

He knows everything about Jaemin and Jaemin knows everything about him.

Except for his crush on him of course, but that wasn't his fault.

Jeno didn't want Jaemin to know, not when Jaemin doesn't even like him back like that, and he never will.

Because he's just his best friend, nothing more, nothing less.

But he doesn't mind, he doesn't care if he'll forever stay in that position,

he doesn't care if Jaemin's love isn't for him.

As long as Jaemin is happy, he is too.

ᝰ 🐶 ᝰ
[ 6 Years, 2 months ago ]

"Nono, am I pretty?" Jaemin fluttered his eyes as he smiled sweetly.

"Yeah, you always are." Jeno ruffled his hair and chuckled when Jaemin whined.

"Then why doesn't anyone else think so.." Jaemin crossed his arms as Jeno took a final bite out of his caramel crepe.

"Do you think someone else in the world likes me?" Jaemin had crouched down as he picked up a small amount of snow and created a snowball.

"I don't know." Jaemin elbowed his leg lightly making Jeno crouch down with him.

"Well, there must be somebody." Jaemin giggled as he stacked two more tiny snowballs on top of each other. "You never know, it could be someone close to me."

Close to Jaemin? Who could that be?

"You're really too into that romance stuff." Jeno chuckled softly as he recalled.

"Yeah, duh." Jaemin turned to face Jeno.

"Love is interesting, so of course I'd be into it." Jaemin smiled and Jeno felt a blush crept on his cheeks—though he was grateful it was quite cold outside, he could blame it on that.

"How about you, Jen? Do you like somebody?" He looked at Jeno with his big doe eyes—the eyes that Jeno loved the most.