Surprises

Of all the thousands, if not millions of worlds out there I just had to land in this didn't I?

What's even worse is that I'm in my fanfiction of all things.

As Fayden Leywin.

Shit.

I know all the things I had planned for him.

And if all of them come to pass.

Well.....I'm fucked.

Please let it be different.....I don't want to experience what Fayden did.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The days pass by just as I remembered writing.

I still go through what Fayden did normally, reading the book on mana manipulation and creating my core.

Arthur Leywin, the masochist princess, the effeminate one and the protagonist of the webnovel, was now my brother.

And I don't know how to feel about this.

I read the novel upto the latest chapter, I even wrote a fanfiction on it. So I don't know if I can even see them as real people...

But first things first, I need to follow my 'plot' as much as I can until I get my "beast will".

I need that power here, the power to overthrow gods and survive through the harsh reality of this world.

So I followed Faydens footsteps as much  as I could.

It was a weird feeling to sense mana, as if you can feel the energy in the air. It revitalizes me. This mana, I have always wanted to manipulate. Who wouldn't?

I was excited to create my core, who knows what else I would be capable of?

Because even if I know what my destiny is, it doesn't mean I can't fight against it.

________________________

Two years have passed since I came ti this world. These two years, I gave my all to create a core, even though I have the attention span of a goldfish.

I was close to forming my core, and I knew Arthur was too.

Thus, I followed the plot again, and called him to the study.

"How long until you form your core?" I asked fluently, much unlike a baby should.

Arthur raised an eyebrow in mild surprise, "...about a week."

Huh, so he did notice my strange behavior.

"Awaken in the backyard with me. The explosion could destroy the house if we're not careful."

He nodded in agreement, before asking, "Who are you?"

"No one of consequence before, your brother now." I answered vaguely.

He opened his mouth to speak again but I beat him to it.

"My past is not important, never will be. It doesn't matter now, so don't think much about it."

He nodded, respecting my decision, and walked away.

Only then did the gravity of what I said catch up to me.

I had been ignoring my pent up emotions for the last two years, simply refusing to even think of my past life.

To think of them.

"In the end we couldn't even say goodbye huh?" I spoke out loud, wondering what happened after I was reborn.

________________________

The holographic screen shut down as the red eyed man let his hand fall down.

"That should be enough divergence for now." He spoke up, "I wonder how long it takes before one of them interferes." He chuckled to himself.

The throne crumbled to dust as he stood up, black and red energy sriwling in his hands as he raises it.

The energy shoots out of his arm, exploding midair and opening up a portal.

With his hands in his pockets he began walking towards the gateway.

"I suppose I should return before they start looking for me."

______________________

BOOM!

I expected an explosion similar to what I had written.

I did not expect purple and white motes to swirl around me.

Aether.

But how? As far as I knew only the Indraths and djinn were able to use aether. Them and Arthur after getting his new body.

A shame I never finished book 8...

Anyways, how could I manipulate and see aether? Hell I wasn't even supposed to be able to see the individual motes of mana yet.

Even the original Fayden couldn't do it directly.

This makes me think if this truly is the world of my fanfiction...

"Fayden, your eyes." Arthur began, gaping at me.

Huh? What's wrong with my eyes.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out of them.

My body wouldn't respond to me, I couldn't even move a single finger.

That's when the pain arrived.

It was...a peculiar feeling.

It felt as if fire was flowing through my vessels, along with liquid nitrogen.

I don't even know how to describe it. I felt like I was burning up and freezing at the same time.

The last thought I had before blacking out was how the ground came so close to my face.