Halcyon days.

I was later told that my eyes had momentarily changed their color to a darker blue and that my hair had begun darkening along with it. But before my transformation was complete, I blacked out.

My parents were worried sick at my condition, and my mother's face was what welcomed me when I finally awoke.

"Fay, are you alright? Does it hurt anywhere?" She immediately bombarded me with questions.

"I'm alright Mom, it doesn't hurt." I answered truthfully.

I was immediately pulled into her embrace, "I was so worried. Thank god you're alright."

As someone whose parents weren't exactly affectionate, it felt...nice to have someone worry about me like this.

It only made my resolve to protect my family stronger. I was not going to let Reynolds die.

Speaking of Reynolds, he heard the commotion and rushed into the room, "Son! You're alright?"

"Yeah dad."

He joined in on the hug soon after.

They released me a few minutes later and began talking about how proud they were of our awakening.

But I had different questions, questions on my elemental affinity.

I know that the original Fayden was a quadra-elemental like Arthur, but I don't know if that still held true with me.

Due to my intervention, the house was left relatively undamaged from our awakening. And a few weeks later when our birthday came around, we were woken up with a present and a cake.

I already knew what they would hold, a sword for Arthur and 2 short swords for me. And then we opened them.

Yep, same weapons.

Arthur asked them why they celebrated our 4th birthday when they didn't celebrate the other two.

They answered him by saying it was due to the low chance of babies surviving up to the age of four.

...

I forget how morbid this world can be sometimes.

Since that day, Mom began 'teaching' us how to read and write. Arthur played the role of a prodigy as expected, and I played along. No need to have them think I was dumb.

Dad on the other hand taught things more related to mana manipulation. Hell, he also had us exercise like a freaking spartan.

And so we began our routine of learning to read and write, mana training, physical training, spars with Arthur and in the library.

I waited patiently for the day to come. The day when it would all begin.

Although the idea of making Mom and Dad suffer emotionally did make me hesitate.

The day finally arrived where Dad suggested getting us a proper tutor.

As expected Mom protested against it, and Dad gave valid points as to why we should go.

Then they turned towards us, "Art, Fay this will affect your future so you two have a say in this as well. How would you feel about going to a big city and having a teacher?"

Yeah, they still give two four-year-old kids the final say in this.

People are dumb.

"Cant mommy and daddy come too and meet teacher together?" Arthur said, trying his best to sound like a four-year-old and failing.

Well according to me anyway, Mom and Dad bought the act.

Alice and Reynolds began laughing.

"I guess we didn't really think about all of us going together." Dad said.