A Sketch And A Fan Art That Almost Got Destroyed

Once again, I was in a mood to draw.

Post-guillotine France being left alone by Prussia

This sketch was originally supposed to be my fan art for Blue Light, but I felt lazy and I'm not sure whether I can take on a full blown fan art with a bonfire as the main source of light. Practically, this turned into a lighting and shading practice instead.

It did turn out nice somehow...

But here is the real deal:

The night where France gets screwed over by Prussia

This is my fan art for Blue Light.

Just an advice for those who use minimum brightness: if you can't see the details of the drawing because of the dark background, just raise your device brightness up a bit.

This took eight days to make, but with subtle line art. I usually do my drawings lineless, but having some is a nice change. Also, I found a quick and nice way to create a moonlight effect by using the eraser in airbrush mode and smudge tool in IbisPaint.

Also, the funny thing is that the reference I used for France's face came from a coin depicting Marianne (the personification of France itself).

Practically, I used the official depiction of France that the French government uses 😂

Her clothes are Napoleon's famous uniform from that well-known painting of him (because I can't find any decent French uniform from 1852), while Prussia's uniform is the Death's Head Hussar uniform but with an epaulette shoulder pad. His human appearance is taken from the description in the one of the previous chapters of Blue Light.

This artwork almost got destroyed too, almost corrupted rather, at the moment I was doing final touches. I was almost done when IbisPaint decided to go berserk for a bit before deciding to restore my work. Luckily, it came back in one piece.

For the record, I created two drawings in a week, which is not that bad.

That's all for now.