My General Headcanon About Countryhumans

Sorry for the long inactivity, I had a pretty hectic schedule and two coding projects to deal with....

This is the first part of General Headcanons
------------------------------------------------------------

What is a Countryhuman?
They are entities representing a large group of people of similar culture and language. They unify people together and are bound to the people they represent. Without those people, they will not exist. They are also the highest authority, which is why they are called Sovereigns.

They also own land, specifically the territory where their people has lived in since time immemorial. If a countryhuman dies without a heir, the nation dissolves.

*What if they represent a large group of people of similar culture and language but not have land?
- They are usually called Wanderers. They have the potential to be sovereigns if they try hard enough.

Wanderers are usually under the jurisdiction of someone else (if the people stay in a certain region only that is apparently owned by a Sovereign, like Palestine) or if they have a diasporic population, a Sovereign would have to deal with a Wanderer (the most well known case of this in history would be Israel).

How are they born?
They can be born in two ways, which is either primordial or by union.

If born primordially, they literally just show up in places. All modern day cointryhumans have their most ancient ancestors born this way, but this also applies to even their subjects (for exammple, Moscow). A common place for those who are primordially born are usually bodies of water. Some are also born on diifrent places, like a tree or a tundra.

Birth by union is normal birth. Countryhuman can be born like a normal human, but it's either both parents are Sovereigns or just one of them is a Sovereign and the other is human.

Are they immortal?
They are immortal, as long as they are not killed by their own fellow. Compared to a regular human, they have:
• incredibly fast healing ability
• extremely high pain tolerance
• immunity to poison
• slow aging rate

However, the more unstable they get, the chance of losing more of the physiological abilities mentioned above increases. This makes a countryhuman vulnerable enough that they can be killed like a regular human if taken advantage of.

(Weimar was a well-known example of a Sovereign whose instability has been taken advantage of. This is why he died in the Reichstag Fire)

When it comes to their rate of aging, they age normally for the first 20 years and then they start aging slower. Not everyone has the same rate of aging, some age faster and some are slower. On average, it usually takes a century or more for a countryhuman to age a decade.

They can die in several ways:

Abolition by Decree (aka Execution)
- This usually happens after a war, especially if the said sovereign is deemed "evil". The losing faction of a war is usually killed in this way. The last known countryhuman executed in this manner was Prussia.

Collapse
- If internal political stability is not remediated soon enough, the sovereign collapses. The most famous example of a sovereign who died from collapsing is Soviet.

° Collateral (a subtype of Collapse)
- These are sovereigns that die during war. Most collaterals already have problems with stability, so if war (not a civil war, that would be under the category of Collapse) comes upon them, they can easily be killed by another countryhuman. HRE is a good example of a collateral (killed during the Napoleonic Wars).

Self-Abolition (aka Suicide)
- This is usually done as a last resort. It's rarely done, but if a countryhuman does this, they do it to save the last of what remains of their dignity. Third Reich is one among the only few sovereigns in history to commit this.