| 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀 |

𝙍𝙀𝘿𝙐𝘾𝙏𝙊! 𝙍𝙀𝘿𝙐𝘾𝙏𝙊!

♕__________♕

"Oh Merlin. I can't believe three muggles and two talking beavers know I'm a witch! Sirius is gonna kill me!"
♕__________♕

It didn't take them long to reach a small cliff edge that looked over an already melting river. Thick chunks of ice breaking off one by one.

"We need to cross, now!" Urged Peter.

Lucy turned and looked down to the two beavers in their company, "Don't beavers make dams?" She asked.

"I'm not that fast dear." Mr Beaver replied to her, baffled at her question. Though his momentary bafflement was cut short when Peter barked a sharp, "Come on!" and proceeded to pull Lucy along to start making their way down the cliff.

"Wait! Will you just think about this for a minute?" Exclaimed Susan. Once again taking on her nagging tone. Peter beginning to get fed up with his sister, snapped back, "we don't have a minute!" Taken aback, Susan bit out, "I'm just trying to be realistic." She replied, a little bit hurt from getting snapped at by her brother. But it seemed Peter wasn't in the mood for thinking about his sisters feelings and instead said, "No, you're trying to be smart. As usual." His tone coming out mean.

Peter had dragged Lucy away, the beavers following behind them. Though Kassandra stayed back with the hurt girl.

"Su, we should go." She told her.

Susan looked at Kassandra and gave her a nod, but her attention was soon taken by the sound of distant howling.

Becoming more urgent, the young witch called out to the Pevensie girl once again,

"Susan!"

The two girls were quick to follow the rest of their group and soon caught them up. Each one of them were helping each other to safely climb down the cliff. Once there however, they all paused, nervously surveying how quickly the ice was breaking apart.

Peter went to go take a step onto the ice, however, as soon as his foot touched the surface, the ice seemed to give way underneath his weight. They all heard the audible crack it made, and Peter was quick to retract his foot.

Beaver making his way in front of the four humans, said to them, "Wait. Maybe I should go first." Peter looking at him tensely, nodded his head. "Maybe you should." They watched as Beaver carefully manoeuvred over the ice, using his tail to lightly tap on the ice's surface, listening for any cracks. A few steps in, they all saw how the ice slightly broke under him.

"You've been sneaking in second helpings, haven't you?" Accused Mrs. Beaver.

Looking back at his wife, Beaver replied, "Well, you never know which meals gonna be your last. -Especially with your cooking." He tried to joke.