Chapter 16

"Oh- f-first of all, I didn't ditched you"

"Oh- f-first of all, I didn't ditched you". I swallowed the food before I continue.

"I have a good and valid reason, I owe you an apology, I'm sorry for not fulfilling my own promise". I exhaled.

"I-I'm I don't know if I suppose to tell you this because this is embarrassing-"

"You already shared your drama and now you're embarrassed?". Sunoo laughed while I just chuckled nervously.

"That's true, well okay- I've been grounded for a couple of weeks, it supposed to be one month". I continue.

"You can tell me that or text me but you didn't do it, you just disappeared, you ghosted me". He pout, I pressed tight my lips to stop fangirling because of his cuteness.

"I didn't ghosted you! I already said that I have valid reason!". I defended.

"Then your promise should be in times three". He gesture three using his fingers.

"And why should I do that?". I arched my eyebrows.

"Because you owe me an apology and you ditched me for like three weeks". He reason out.

"Okay, call". I said and held out my hand.

"Good". He accepted my hand and shake it while smiling to the fullest, I smile too with our eyes locked to each other.

"Lexie!". Our heads turned where that sound came from.

"Oh, K". I said.

"Can I seat here?". He just look at me, I looked at Sunoo to get his opinion too but his eyes pin at K.

"Yup, you can". I replied since Sunoo still observing K.

"How did you two know each other by the way?". K asked and started eating.

"We're friends or more than that". I looked at him shocked.

"What do you mean more than that?". K asked again.

"I heard there's a dessert there, do you mind to get me, Sunoo? please?". I asked him and tried to use my pleasing expression.

He get up irritated and went to get the dessert just to avoid him answering K's question. I don't know, it just feel weird that something happened between them based on how they look to each other, maybe they are a lover in the past? okay I'll stop now.

I just finished my lunch while waiting for Sunoo to arrive which he eventually get here. We started eating the cookies while keeping quiet. I really can feel it that there's something wrong between the two of them, am I right that they are a exes? fine!

We just rest a little bit after we finished eating. I go to my box and refill it again. I go to my bag and get the sandwiches that I bought from the house to give to residence.

"Lexie, are you done?". Mom asked, I nodded.

"There is someone in the end alley that needed to be treated, he can't walk so I think it's better to go there, go with Sunoo". She called Sunoo.

"Sunoo can you go with her?". She asked.

"Of course, Dr. Choi!". He answered with full energy that earn a laughed from mom.

"You're so adorable, I like you and please just call me auntie if we're not in hospital". She replied while he just nodded.

"Go now and back here after". She pushed us to start walking.

I'm holding the box while walking with him on my side. Both of us stay quiet.

"I'm just curious- but you don't have to tell me if you don't want". I explained immediately to prevent him from thinking something.

"Then I don't want to answer it". My awkward smile fall when he said that.

"Just hear my question first!". I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Okay, okay, what is it?". He fold his hand while looking at me waiting for my question.

"Don't look at me like that tho-". I hold his chin to turned it to the other side.

"Why? does it bothered you? looking at you with my dazzling and stunning eyes?". He asked with full confidence then look at me with that again.

"Wow, you're so full of yourself". I chuckled to ease my heart that has beem pounding so fast since he did that.

"Why can't you just agree with me that this eyes are the most handsome eyes you ever seen? you're missing out something for not dating me-"

"Help! We need help here!". I roamed my eyes where that voice coming from.

Sunoo and I looked to each other then run fast to get there. We saw a mother with her son, her son's injured.

"What happened to him?". I asked and quickly take a seat to see the injured hands.

"He accidentally touched the hot water, he supposed to take a bath". I nodded and take a look at his hands.

"Is it painful?". I asked the boy that's been crying since we got here, he nodded and keep on crying.

"I'm Lexie, you don't have to worry because I will treat this, okay?". I smile at him but he quickly ran away and hide behind his mother.

"Come here, I will just treat it so that you can go and play with the other kids". I called him again but nothing happened.

"Mark go to her and let her treat it". His mother convinced him, still nothing.

"Hi Mark, I'm Sunoo-hyung and this is Noona, she's good at treating other people. She will become a doctor some day and will save more lives some day so don't be afraid of her. She's good". I smile and looked up to see his face, he sense it and looked down and smile at me.

"You don't have to worry, she will give just put some water on your hands and then we're good! You can continue play with your friends". He added. Mark slowly went out from the back of his mother and slowly walked towards me then seated. He's good with kids.

I smile once I saw the kid now comfortable seating in front of me. I started to treat the injured hands.

"After this, I will give you something". I said to Mark as I put bandage on his hands using the gauze.

"We're done! Great job, Mark!". I said as I finished it.

"And for that, you have a prize!". I get the sandwich and give it to him.

"Thank you...". Mark shyly said.

"You're welcome, make you to be careful next time, okay?". Sunoo messed up Mark's hair as he nodded.

We continue to walked for us to reached the house that we're supposed to go.

I looked down when someone pulled my shirt.