I'm A Freak

Day Twenty One

This is the greatest showman au I've been working on. It's going to be a long fic

~'~'~

Anti smiled as Dark encouraged the performers. "Who cares what they say! You are who you are and you're going to show them that you're strong."

Anti looked away at the words. A hand rested on his shoulder and he jumped. He turned to see JJ smiling at him. "Oh, it's you. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with them?"

The albino shook his head. JJ was always the strange one. His skin was a pale white as was his hair. He had a white moustache he always kept neat. He had strikingly blue eyes and seemed to be a ghost. It didn't help that he was mute. He always scared people if he tried to communicate with them. 'You seemed upset.' JJ signed.

Anti nodded. "Be yourself," he whispered. "What does that even mean?"

JJ shrugged. 'I was taught all my life to hide. To not scare people. I'm still a freak but I feel like I found my family.'

"Hey, Jay. I think," Anti trailed off. "I think I'm a freak too."

JJ frowned. 'Anti what makes you think that?'

"Can you keep a secret?"

JJ winked. 'I'm the very best at keeping quiet.'

Anti sighed. "Jay, I think I'm in love with Dark."

'That doesn't make you a freak Anti.'

Anti shook his head. "Well, your looks don't make you one either. Neither does your voice."

JJ bit his lip. 'If it makes you feel better,' JJ took a deep breath. 'I'm in love with Wilford.'

Anti blinked. "So we're in the same boat."

'Anti there are more of us here than you think. Dark's assistant is in love with Mare.'

Anti blinked back tears. "I'm strange."

'Anti we're all strange here. And that's wonderful because we're family.'

Anti let out a sob and wrapped his arms around JJs shoulders, pulling him in for a hug. "Thank you."

JJ patted his back and turned when someone cleared their throat. "Is everything alright?" Dark asked.

JJ pulled away from Anti quickly. 'Hello, Dark.' Anti stared at the ground. JJ looked away. 'I'll go find Will you two should talk.'

Dark frowned as JJ walked off. "Anti what's wrong?"

Anti looked away and rubbed his eyes. "I'm just not feeling well. JJ was helping."

Dark nodded. "Could you tell me?"

"How would you feel if one of your male employees liked men?"

Dark raised an eyebrow. "I don't mind. Wilford and I used to be in a relationship for a while before the circus started. It wasn't meant to be and he only has eyes for JJ now."

Anti's eyes widened. "What?"

Dark nodded. "I've moved on as well. I like someone else now."

Anti sniffled. "I thought you would hate me."

Dark's eyes widened and he grabbed Anti's wrists. "That's what you were worried about? Oh, Anti I would never hate you."

Anti nodded. "Thank you, Dark."

"Thank you Anti. For just being you."