New Life

Before this chapter starts, just saying that Din is only older than the reader by a couple months, so later in the chapter, don't get confused. They're around the same age.

Bold = Authors Note/Place
'Italic' = Thoughts
Normal Italic = Emphasis/Talking on Device
Underlined = POV Change

(Y/n) = Your Name
(M/n) = Middle Name
(L/n) = Last Name
(N/n) = Nick Name
(E/c) = Eye Color
(S/k) = Skin Color
(H/c) = Hair Color
(H/l) = hair length
(F/c) = Favorite Color(s)
(F/s/a) = Favorite Stuffed Animal
(S/a/n) = Stuffed Animal's Name ^^
(F/o) = Favorite Outfit
(F/b) = Favorite Band (or artist)
(F/s) = Favorite Song
(D/n) = Dad's Name
(M/n) = Mom's Name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd person
It's been 10 years since (Y/n) last saw Din. But that doesn't mean she wasn't happy with where she is now. Speaking of (Y/n), here she comes, zooming down the street on her delivery vespa, wearing her favorite outfit (f/o).

"Okay, next is, 235 Gao Shue Street." She looked up and got one of her bags and tossed it to the customer. She caught it with a thank you and (Y/n) smiled.

(Y/n) drove all over the city, delivering meals that people have ordered. She was about to go to her next order, when she spotted her classmate getting on a bus.

"Oh, Wei! Wei, Wei, Wei, Wei, Wei!" (Y/n) drove up to the side of the bus.

"Huh? (Y/n)? What are you doing? Be careful!"

"Wei, old buddy..."

"Dude, you gotta watch where you're going."

"Do you think you can get the class assignment for me?"

"Why are you working so much? You haven't been to class in two weeks!" Wei watched her weave through a building, giving out orders.

"I gotta earn some extra cash for this... thing I'm working on!"

"Thing? Wait, does this have something to do with that guy?" Wei raised an eyebrow.

"What? No. Maybe. Okay yes." (Y/n) drove down the stairs and got back on the street next to the bus. "But it's his birthday, and I'm planning something special. So, can you just get me the assignment? Pleeeaaase?"

Wei had a skeptical look on his face.

"I'll do your homework for a week."

"Deal."

"Thank you! You're the best!" (Y/n) drove off to do her final order.

Time skip
(Y/n) put down her phone and looked around. Everything was ruined here. The old buildings were coming down and no one lived around here. Somewhere there was someone playing a pipa. (Y/n) got off her vespa and grabbed the last bag while putting her phone in her pocket.

"Uh, hello?" She called out. No answer, besides than pipa getting louder at her talking.

"Did somebody order dumpling soup?" She asked loudly as she walked around. Again, no response. She ended up following the sound of the pipa.

"Woah." (Y/n) gasped as she stumbled upon a staircase that led to a door with only the floor and the front wall. She raised an eyebrow before shrugging and going up the stairs.

"Uh, hello?" She asked as she knocked.

She jumped when a male voice said "Come in." She tried the handle but it was locked.

"It's locked." She said plainly.

"I know." The man replied.

(Y/n) became confused before she saw that the end part of the wall was short enough for her to grab onto and go around. "Ima just go around here. Oh, uh..." The voice that (Y/n) had heard belonged to an old man. He was bald, but had a big beard. He was wearing a white tank top and his boxer-shorts, along with white socks with a sandal on one foot. He was sitting on a stool in the middle of the floor playing the pipa.