9 : i didn't even get to tell her

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

the guards were gone and they took hayley with them, leaving only himself and teresa standing in the hallway. thomas leaned against the elevator doors, already feeling alone again.

"thomas, can we talk?" he heard teresa say from a few steps behind him.

he didn't answer, he just stood there staring at the elevator, not knowing how to completely function without her.

"they took her," he said quietly. "you got what you wanted. you don't need to give me a lecture about how WICKED is good and the greater cause. it's not like i can do anything to stop it now. you won."

"it's not that easy," she said. "just because hayley's being sent up in the morning doesn't mean it's over and i won. the victory and end will be when the blueprint is finished. we'll both celebrate because we played a big part in this."

"it wasn't easy letting her go," he replied, his voice strained.

he heard her footsteps moving closer to him and he flinched when she reached him. teresa was the last person he wanted to see right now.

"did you fall in love with her?" she asked, her voice laced with confusion and a little bit of pain. "thomas-"

"how could i love someone i just met?" he asked, not in denial but genuinely wanting an answer because he did know he loved her but he didn't know how he could feel this way for a girl he's only known for a short time.

"your time was limited," teresa said silently.

thomas finally turned around, desperately listening to her answer.

"you fell in love with her," teresa said. "because you knew that she wasn't going to be around forever."

thomas rubbed away his tears with the back of his hand. "i didn't even get to tell her..." his voice trailed off. he walked away without another word.

*

he found himself on the hospital floor, where he first met hayley and remembered how she made him feel just by her presence. he needed to know her and that it was worth getting all the pain that came along with knowing her. he still believed that even when his heart felt like it was on fire.

he missed her.

the hospital floor was only making him miss her more so he left and went to his room. he closed the door behind him and walked straight to his bed. he felt emotionally and physically exhausted and needed to escape the painful feeling.

in just a few seconds, he was asleep.

Share. Vote. Comment.
If you want more xx