Chapter 10

The warm light filters through the white curtains hanging in front of my window signaling to me that it is morning. I slowly rub my eyes, and look around my space. I am still dressed in my navy blue mini dress, I have lipstick smudged all over my face, and my bed sheets are strewn all over the floor. I suddenly remember last night's events and my mind goes numb. 

What the fuck almost happened last night. I was obviously drunk and that person tried to take advantage of me? Why does every memory from last night seem so groggy? Is it possible I was drugged? A million questions pop up in my brain as I strip out of my dress and wash myself in the shower. I only had a few glasses of wine and two white claws after losing the drinking game. How could I have been so out of it?

I step out of the shower, dress in comfortable clothes and walk out into the kitchen where Michelle and Kiera are standing around the counter sipping coffee. Immediately when I enter the kitchen they put their coffees down and Kiera brings me into a huge hug.

"Lucy, are you doing okay?"

Michelle asks while looking across the island at me in a concerned way.

"Yeah, I just feel really groggy and I don't remember specifically what happened last night. It's weird because I didn't drink enough to black out."

I respond and hug Kiera back. I put on a brave face because Michelle and Kiera can get really protective. I move away from Kiera and grab a glass from behind where Michelle is standing. Grabbing the cold brew from the fridge, I fill up the glass with coffee, ice, and creamer.

"Lucy, why did you scream? Michelle and I heard a loud scream from your room, we ran in, saw you laying on your bed with lipstick smeared everywhere, and then you passed out. Did something happen?"

Kiera narrows her eyes at me knowing I will probably avoid the question. I surprise her and tell them both the truth.

"I really can't remember too much. I was drinking out here with everyone and then I was dragged into my room and kissed aggressively. He was too strong to push off of me so I screamed and he left. I passed out right after."

"Oh my god. Lucy, I can't believe that happened. I am so sorry."

Kiera takes my hand in hers and I squeeze it. Michelle steps forward with an angry look and slams her hand on the counter.

"I swear to god Lucy I will kill whoever touched you in court. Do you remember anything about them? Could it have possibly been Kyle? I will file a report as soon as I get to my office. Whoever this was is going down in flames."

My stomach drops and my eyes widen. I don't want to talk about this anymore. It's so scary to think someone that I trust enough to let into my apartment would have tried to sexually assault me. I don't even remember what they look like, and if I file a report they would just get angry. They might hurt me. I can't bring Michelle and Kiera into this.

"No no, I don't want to take legal action. I-I want to stop talking about this, I can hardly remember details from last night."

I bend over the counter and take some deep breaths as I start to feel overwhelmed. Michelle places her hand on my back and gently gives me a few pats.

"Lucy, it wouldn't be a big deal, just a statement and -"

"No! I don't want to talk about this anymore."

I interrupt Michelle and try to calm myself down. Flashbacks from last night start to come into my mind and I don't want to think about them. I'm okay, I'm safe now. Kiera narrows her eyes at me.

"Look Luce, I can tell you are overwhelmed right now so I will back off, but if you remember anything about who it was that tried to assault you, you need to tell us."