Chapter 11

Michelle and Kiera stand in the kitchen shocked as Braden and I awkwardly stand up from the couch and clear our throats.

      "Oh hey! Um, I thought you guys would be home later!"

      I say while I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. By the way Kiera is smirking at me, I can tell my face is bright red.

    "Lucy, it is later, it is 11:30."

    My eyes bug out and I look over at the clock. Wow, it's already so late. Time really does fly by when I am with Braden.

    "Is this the famous Braden?"

    Michelle steps forward to shake Braden's hand. I roll my eyes at her when she puts on her intimidating face and squeezes his hand tightly.

    "Yes, I'm Braden. I am assuming you are Michelle, and you are Kiera?"

    Braden stops shaking Michelle's hand, puts both his hands in the pockets of his black jeans, and nods his head in greeting at Kiera. I go to stand next to Braden and loop both my arms around his right arm that has a space for me because his hands are in his pockets. As soon as I make contact with him, he visibly relaxes, making me feel warm and wanted inside.

    "Yes, nice to meet you Braden. I hope you guys had a nice night....sure looked like you did based on the position you were in when we entered."

    Kiera taunts while plastering on a shit-eating grin and wiggling her eyebrows at me. Immediately I blush and pull Braden to the door.

    "On that note, we are going to go say goodnight."

    I can tell Braden enjoyed Kiera's banter because as we were walking to the door he laughs and waves at the two of them.

    "Nice to meet you guys! Have a nice night."

    Once the two of us make it to the opened door, Braden turns around and takes a step closer to me. After a couple of seconds of gazing into my eyes, he brings his hand up to my cheek and gently caresses it.

    "I really enjoyed tonight."

    He mumbles, getting lost in the moment.

    "Me, too. Hopefully we can see each other soon."

    Nodding, Braden reaches into his pocket and grabs his phone. He opens up the contacts app and asks me to type my number in. My face breaks out in a grin and I quickly fill out my name and phone number.

    "I'll text you my work schedule for this week, and we can figure out another night to see each other. This time, my treat."

    "That sounds great, Braden. I think I don't have as many hours this week so we will definitely be able to do something."

    He nods and pulls me into a tight hug. We stay in that embrace for a few seconds, just relishing in the feeling of being with each other. Pulling away, Braden places a light kiss on my cheek that leaves tingles all over my face.

    "Goodnight Lucy."

    "Goodnight Braden."

I wave at him while he walks down the hallway, eventually disappearing into the elevator.

    A few days later, I am sitting in the break room of the clinic eating my salad and scrolling through my phone.

Unknown Number: Hi Lucy, this is Braden.

   Butterflies creep into my stomach and I immediately text back.

Me: Hey! How are you doing?