Chapter 16

It's the first of October. I observe the gorgeous leaves fall off the trees lining the road while I listen to the ringing of my phone. My brother never picks up, so I'm not expecting anything. Because I've been so busy with Braden, I haven't felt as lonely. Dave, my brother, not being in contact with me hasn't been weighing on me as hard as usual. After a few rings, my call goes to voicemail like usual. This time though, I decide not to leave a message. If he doesn't want to pick up my calls, I won't bother him with a voice message.

"Babe, eggs are ready!"

Braden calls from the other room, bringing me out of my ruminating negative thoughts. As I walk into the kitchen, a smile grows onto my face when I remember what we did last night. I swear I can still feel his hands caressing my body and his hot mouth kissing my neck, breasts, and core.

"What are you smiling at?"

Braden asks cheekily while I grab the plate he offers me and dish up the amount of eggs I want.

"Nothing, just thinking about last night."

I sit up on his kitchen counter and start to stab some eggs with my fork. Yum, Braden is a great egg cooker.

"Oh yeah, what exactly about last night?"

Braden asks. He comes over to where I am sitting on the counter and places his deliciously strong arms on either side of my body. I make a smart decision and set my plate down to avoid any egg spillage. He leans into me and whispers,

"Were you thinking about the club, the drinks, or me fucking you against the shower wall?"

I swallow and make heated eye contact with him.

"Maybe the last one."

He smirks and presses a kiss to first my cheek, then my neck, and then the top of my breasts. Braden places a hand on my shoulder, pushes me back to lay on the counter, and separates my thighs with his firm grip.

"Mmmm baby maybe we should repeat that then?"

He slowly slides my panties off my legs and presses hot kisses on the inside of my thighs. As soon as his lips connect with my core, I hear a ringing from next to us on the counter.

"Ignore it."

Braden breathes onto my clit and drags his tongue over my bud. I nod my head and try to drown out the ringing sound by focusing on the amazing feeling of his tongue. The buzzing finally stops, but it starts up again as the person calling re-calls. Braden groans, detaches himself from my pussy, and reaches for my phone. As soon as he reads who is calling though, his face drops into an angry look.

"What?"

I sit up from my previous position and take the phone from him.

"Oh, it's Kyle. Why would he call twice?"

I'm confused. I'm still angry at Kyle but he isn't on his phone a lot. If he calls more than once, it's not just a call to say 'hey'. I look back up at Braden and he is still angrily staring at the phone.

"I feel like I should take it. He wouldn't call twice if it wasn't important, right?"

Braden rolls his eyes and gestures for me to take the call. I kiss his cheek and pick up the call.

"Hello?"

"Lucy? Hey."

"What's going on?"

I hear Kyle sigh and pause for a minute.

"Sorry for calling, I know you're still mad at me. I just need someone to talk to you. Something happened to my mom."

I make eye contact with Braden and give him a surprised look.