Chapter 22

Missy and I hesitate for just a second, realizing that Braden and Dave found us at the club. Dave is crossing his arms in a tensed fashion, staring down at us while Braden has a mix of worry and anger on his face. Surprised and furious, Dave asks,

"What the hell are you two doing here?"

I'm about to answer, but Missy grabs my arm, pulling me along and completely ignoring Dave's question.

"We don't have time to talk, we need to get to the car now."

I hear the boys start to run behind us, and we quickly cross the street and all enter Missy's car. Missy hops on the driver's side, and I try to get into the passenger side when my brother grabs my arm.

"Get in the back, Lucy. I need to be upfront."

Again, before I can cuss at him, Missy leans over, slaps his hand away from my arm, and pulls me into the car. While I buckle up, I hear her scolding him.

"You don't deserve the fucking front seat Death. While you two were sitting on your asses at home, Lucy and I actually got shit done. Sit in the back."

With that, I give him a shit-eating smile and close the door. Grumbling, Dave goes to sit in the back seat next to Braden. Braden hasn't said much at all, but with one look back, I can tell he is not happy with us.

"Can we go back to yours, Lucy?"

Missy asks while merging onto the freeway.

"Sure, do you need directions?"

Missy nods. I reach over, take her phone out of her jacket pocket, attach it to the car system, and plug in my address. The way home is tense and silent. I can tell the two in the back are angry at us but don't want to talk to us while they can't look us in the face. I know where they are coming from, they want us to be safe. But, I wanted to do something to help. If using my charms to get an important key and a regular location of the gang is the best way I can help, I don't feel bad one bit.

Finally, all of us arrive at the apartment complex and we all take the elevator up. As soon as I have the door unlocked and we are inside, Dave and Braden look at us angrily.

"What do you think you were doing going to that club? I saw all their bikes outside, all of the Killer's members were there. Also, to keep it a secret from me and Deathface? What the hell?!"

Braden says stormily, pulling at his dark hair and pacing around the kitchen anxiously.

"Braden, it was fine. Nothing happened. When I talked to Snake he didn't-"

"You talked to Snake?!?"

Dave yells out in surprise. Braden freezes his walking and flips his head towards me.

"That is the stupidest thing you could have done. What if he knew you were associated with us? He would have killed you on the spot. I can't believe you dared to talk to him."

Dave scolds me angrily, waving a finger at me.

"Damn right she had the audacity. Don't talk to Lucy that way, she is ballsy and it paid off. Also, why the hell were you two there?"

Dave rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. I came to your apartment to check on how things were going but nobody was home. Your laptop was left open on the table with the club name on it, and I just knew you two went. I grabbed Braden and we got a cab to come get you."

Missy sighs and rubs her temple.

"Look, Nothing happened. She was careful and got us more information than any of you assholes have gotten."