Forty

"Katara? The ceremony is about to start!" Suki yelled out at the bride who was still with Zhilan. The older women was trying to ease Katara since she had been stressed out for a majority of the day.

"Did Zuko arrived with the other guest?" Katara questioned as she hasn't seen him since their announcement of the baby. That night, her father, Pakku and Sokka took Zuko away for a water tribe tradition between guys. She had no interest but was worry whether he had done what she assigned him beforehand.

Zhilan finished the few touches of her hair piece as she smiled, "Katara, my boy knows that you want everything perfect," She assured. The kyoshi warroir stepped in holding out her arm.

"Your father is waiting for you," She informed the bender. Katara took a deep breath as the two began to walk towards Hakoda who was waiting outside their venue.

Suki excused herself since she had to stand next to Sokka. Katara peeked over,  saw the ceremony starting with Aang and Toph followed behind Sokka and Suki.

"You look really beautiful, almost a replica of your mother," Hakoda stated. The bride noticed a tear from his eye as she pulled him in for a hug.

"I'm really glad your still here," Katara whispered. She knew deep down she would of loved her mother attending but she's thankful her father was still here.

Hakoda linked his arm with his daughter. Both began to walk as Katara looked straight ahead at her groom. He looked at her with admiration. In his eyes, she was the beautiful women he has ever met. He would of loved seeing her in Fire Nation wedding customs but seeing her in her colors was just as beautiful. Her gown was simple but very fitting to her body. His eyes wandered as she still had her necklace, he figured she would wear something else to fit her dress but knowing Katara she'll picked the necklace over anything.

Hakoda reached towards the groom as he gave him a hug and heading to his seat. Katara held Zuko's hand as he guided her infront of their marriage officiant. Beside the groom was Sokka and the avatar whereas on the brides stood beside her Suki and Toph.

"I knew those two would of resolved their issues," Toph whispered towards the Kyoshi warrior.

"We are all gather here today to celebrate the unity between FireLord Zuko and our beloved Katara," The man smiled at the two, "After the 100 year war, we finally reached peace throughout thanks to a waterbender who entered the Selection. The new heir of the Fire Nation is one with a pure heart who fell inlove with this women in front of us. This marriage will not only blossom a beautiful family but create a new area between the Fire Nation and the Southern Water Tribe," The groom kept his eyes on his bride with a big grin on his face, "If anyone cares to object, speak now or forever hold your peace,"

Katara looked around her guest and noticed that a lot of people were here from all nations, "The ring bearers please step up and hand them their bands," Uncle Iroh stood up from his seat and walked towards the couple.

"Firelord Zuko repeat after me," 

"I, FireLord Zuko, honor you with this ring as a sign of my love, a security of our future and a promise to stand by your side in sickness and health as long as we both shall live,"

Zuko held her hand and placed the wedding band on her finger.

The man motioned at Katara it was now her turn;

"I, Katara of the Water Tribe, honor you with this ring as a sign of love, companionship and happiness for our future. In sickness and health, I shall forever be by your side as your wife and bestfriend," Katara reached for his hand and slipped his band onto his finger.

"On this day forward, we are proud to welcome this new era with FireLord Zuko and his FireLady Katara. You may now kiss your bride,"

The Firelord pulled in his wife into a kiss as she wrapped her arms around him. Their friends and family cheered at the new celebration.

The avatar looked among the guest and saw a few fire nation soldiers applauding alongslide Earth kingdom and Water tribe citizens. The end of a war, after 100 years everyone was coexisting with one another. "Everything worked out, twinkletoes," Toph stated as she felt happy to finally be over with the war.

"Yeah, but now we have to go over the damages between the villages that was taken over by the Fire Nation," He explained as he's been receiving complaints whether or not it will be given back to the earth kingdom.

"We can sort that out after the party, for now its time to celebrate!" Sokka cheered as he was excited for the upcoming party.

"Is it weird that I'm kind of nervous?" Katara questioned as she changed into a different dress that gave her more mobility.

Zuko looked over, "Its okay, we are doing this together," He gave her a gentle smile, "I  just want to head back to the Fire Nation though, we been here long enough," He explained.

Katara nodded in understanding while she linked their arms together, "We head out first thing in the morning," She assured.

"They are waiting for us, FireLady," He teased as he bent down a bit to give her a kiss on her lips.

Katara chuckled as the two exited the room and walked into the venue where everyone was currently waiting for them.

Katara looked around as she spotted her family clapping as they noticed her presence, "The newly weds may now take a seat," An announcer stated as they headed to the front.

The bride felt nervous since starting this moment she was now seen as royalty. No longer a water tribe bender but a FireLady from the Fire Nation, "I would like to say some words," Sokka took over and motioned everyone to look at him, "I never pictured my sister to date a prince or anyone really since she's always been the kind to be an independent women. But seeing her getting married to one of close friends really changed everything. Katara, I know you will make a wonderful wife and mother for your future family and I say this with all honesty. As many probably know, we lost our mother when we were young, and I wouldn't admit this but everytime I try to picture her, all I see is Katara," Sokka smiled softly towards his sister as she felt touched by his words.

Hearing that from her brother did help ease her worries about being a mother. She placed a hand on her stomach as she felt her husband squeeze her other hand.

"And for Zuko, where do I even start? You became someone so different from what everyone else assumed you would act. I am glad you are the one that is taking care of Katara. I know you will protect her and keep her happy," Sokka ended not wanting to ramble about other personal things.

The avatar walked towards the couple, "As the Avatar, I would like to congratulate you both and acknowledge this new era that we are entering," He smiled as everyone cheered.