Eleven

Iroh had entered his brother's throne, where he sat there unbothered by anything. "Where is Zuko?" He asked.

The FireLord shrugged as he looked back to his own sheets that were currently in his hands, "Haven't seen him since a couple of days ago," He informed his older brother.

"And, you don't care?" Iroh asked as his tone sounded angry.

The FireLord shook his head, "The boy will appear when he chooses too," He simply responded.

Iroh looked at his younger brother in disgust. How can a father not care about his son, his only son to be exact? "Your son hasn't appeared since three days ago," Iroh stated firmly.

He still seems unbothered, " As I said, he will appear when he chooses too,"

Iroh shook his head disappointed as he left the room. He called for a guard to meet with him in his office. He was ready to send for a lookout.

He headed straight to his office as he waited patiently for a guard to appear. And, when he did, he questioned the guard, "Where is the prince? It's been three days, and he hasn't been seen," The general questioned Peng as the guard looked unsure on how to answer.

The general had been searching around as it seems today was another day where he is going to spend another date with each girl. But, due to his absence, it seems that it was going to be a free day until dinner where he would be ordered to send two home.

Sending two would only leave ten girls in the selection. Iroh had planned to scout some responsibilities for the ten girls remaining.

He still couldn't figure out which one of the twelve had caught his nephew's attention. One thing that he knows was that Zhilan was fond of Katara.

He never got a chance to personally sit down and speak with her, but he knew that he couldn't. It would be dishonorable to speak only to one. He had to give all girls equal chances.

"If Zuko doesn't show up, I'll have to postpone the dinner to tomorrow night," Iroh informed the guard as he nodded and left.

He walked out as he made a left turn. He wanted to check the Prince's room.
It was odd of him to go off like that. Not once has Zuko ever left without informing his uncle.

Iroh opened the door as he took a few steps inside. His room was clean and vacant as he knew it would be. He sighed as he took a seat on the couch.

He wanted to think about the situation. How is it that this occurred? Had he done something to cause Zuko to leave? Or was it his brother? He placed his hand by the side and felt a weird texture.

His golden eyes followed his hand as he picked up a choker. It was blue and carved with some sort of designs. "This couldn't be Zuko?" He asked inspecting the jewelry.

He placed the necklace on the bed as he shook his head and left the room. It seems that the prince had invited a girl over to his room.

"Iroh?" Zhilan questioned as the two looked at each other.

"What's the issue?" He questioned taking a step towards the servant.

She seems rather nervous, "Are there any news about Zuko?" She asked curious and worried about the boy.

Iroh shook his head, "Not a single clue, I told your husband that I'll give it til dinner, but if the prince doesn't show up-- I don't know what I will do," He admitted honestly as he remembered his own son.

The son that he lost during the war. And, he vowed to not lose another whether him actually being his son or not.

Zhilan bit her lip, "Maybe, he went out to look for something, but I don't think anything bad happened since he is a strong man," She reassured the general as a sigh escaped from his lips.

The old man excused himself as the servant continued to walk past the halls as she was on the run for lunch for Katara.

It worried her on the Prince's whereabouts. He didn't tell anyone about it and just decided to head on his own.

She returned from her small trip as she opened the door to Katara's room, "Anything?" The maiden asked as Zhilan shook her head.

Katara was well aware of the news since Zhilan had informed her. The other girls, on the other hand, weren't aware of the situation. The general had ordered for it to be a secret to avoid any chaos.

"Where could of he went?" Katara asked as she looked outside her window. "What was going through his head?" She continued to question herself as Zhilan sat down the tray of food.

"You care so much about the prince, but you are willing to drop the selection?" She stated as Katara looked and faced the women.

Katara has thought about that, and she was conflicted whether to leave or not. Ever since that night, she couldn't just leave. Especially when she felt something with the prince. How can she leave?

"I don't know, anymore," Katara confessed as she took a seat on the edge of her bed. "I thought that dropping out would be easy, but ever since that night with Zuko," She hummed as her eyes closed remembering their conversation.

Zhilan couldn't help but smile. It reminded her of Ursa when she talked about the guy from her village. She would tell stories of their many conversations and how he was always with her to listen.

"If I know Zuko, he will definitely come back, " Zhilan reassured as she grabbed the tray and handed to Katara. "Any luck on finding that necklace of yours?" She questioned hoping to change the subject.

The waterbender shook her head, "I don't remember when was the last time I had it. Usually, I carry it on my pockets since I do want it with me at all times." She explained as she picked up the chopsticks.

Zhilan and Katara had been searching for Katara's necklace. She had explained to her caregiver that it was the only thing she had from her grandmother. And, it seems that if anyone saw it-- they could make up lies about the girl that could get her in trouble with the Fire Nation.

"Don't worry, we'll find it before anyone does," Zhilan stated as she continued to look around the room while Katara finished her food.