Epilogue

3 year later....

"Lets go find your mommy," Zuko lifted up his son into his arms. The boy giggled before throwing his arms around his father attempting to hug him.

He was currently walking through the halls into the palace as he admired his environment. Its been 3 years since they got married and moved into the palace. Katara has changed a lot of the interior design which he was thankful for. He no longer had to feel trapped, confused or frustration trying to relive his childhood memories in these same halls. Many people didn't like the incorporation of water tribe interior but if it matched the palace's color he wouldn't  care. Katara was the FireLady and she had every right to change the interior. 

His thoughts interrupted him as he bumped into someone. He focused his eyes as he gave an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry Arui, I wasn't looking where I was going,"

The girl shook her head, "No, its okay I was distracted trying to find my mother and brothers," She looked over and poked at the little boy's nose as he stuck out his tongue. She was always good with children Zuko thought to himself.

"I think I overhead Zhilan trying to get them to take a bath," He explained as she sighed. She was now a teenager. She was growing up to be a bright girl. 3 years ago, Zhilan felt a connection with Arui and two little boys. They were actually all siblings as Arui was the eldest sister of the twins. Her mother passed away after their birth and her father felt ill a couple years back.

The other girl which was already adopted Mitsuko sometimes came to visit her in the palace as she too was in such a happy place. Katara was very fond of them and often invited both to tea.

She excused herself as she took off the other direction, "I should go help her since those two can be such a hassle," She explained.

Zuko had insisted Zhilan no longer work as staff member. She was always like a mother to him and it felt wrong having her still assist him like any other maid. Peng still kept his position as a guard and became a body guard for the couple.

"Daddy," The little boy spoke up trying to get the firelord's attention.

Zuko looked at him, "Yes? Lu Ten?" The boy leaned closer and whispered something in his ears. He didn't understand anything but nodded as he continued the walk to the garden.

The sunlight hit the doors leading to the outdoor. He took a step outside and looked around. There she was looking ahead at some flowers with their daughter in her arms, "Katara," He called setting the little boy down and she turned to make eye contact with.

He felt a chilled down his spine. It felt like he has relieve this exact moment but it couldn't be— he never pictured this very moment to be exact.

"Zuko?" Katara tilt her head a bit confused.

He shook his head walked towards his wife. Lu Ten ran towards the flowers seemingly interested in picking them.

"Its nothing," he brushed off giving a kiss on her lips, "How's my little girl doing," He softly pinched her cheeks as she smiled in return.

"Varo finished eating not that long ago," Katara answered before turning her attention to Lu Ten, "Don't get your clothes dirty we are expecting Uncle Sokka and Aunt Suki in a bit," She exclaimed as the little boy sighed.

"Speaking about our visitors," Zuko started as he took Varo into his arms while Katara lifted up Lu Ten, "Aang is coming with them along with his wife,"

"How about Toph?"

Zuko pursed his lips, "I never received an answer but knowing her she would show up without telling us," He chuckled.