Four

"You seem out of it today," Zhilan stated concerned as the maiden shook her head.

"I'm fine," She lied hoping that the older women would leave her alone. She brushed the soft red silk blanket over her head hoping that it will signal any signs.

Zhilan looked at Katara unconvinced, she looked over at the time and knew that Katara would be late for their training and classes. "I'll be right back," Zhilan explained as she exited the room.

A sigh escaped from her lips as she sat up and looked down at her hands. Her hands were once pure and she couldn't believe that she had done such a thing that is so evil.

A sin.

Remembering how the old women, Hama, had spent the first part of their meeting talking about the Southern WaterTribe. She mentioned how she knew the people from her tribe and that got Katara excited. Katara was excited to meet another bender from the south. It took only that much to get the waterbender to stay and hear more of Hamas's stories.

News roamed around the area that a girl who is assumed to be from the water tribe was in the selection. Hearing that caused Hama to try to reach her. She started by asking around for a description. Many villagers told her that the FireLord despises her. That there is a chance she could be a waterbender. Seeing how it was only speculation it didn't stop her. She took the chance and sent a letter to Katara.

Hama knew that if she was a waterbender it could be the same one that was once rumored to travel with the Avatar. And, she knew exactly what they had planned and if she could just teach her a subtle bending that she had mastered, they will have an advantage on overthrowing the Firelord. But first, she had to gain her trust.

Upon their first interaction she picked up that the waterbender is gulliabe. "The Fire Nation is really strong, it took me a lot of strength to escape," Hama explained as Katara looked at the old women.

What they didn't know was there was someone behind them spying on two. He spotted them from afar and it got him curious since they looked suspicious and were currently talking about waterbending.

He couldn't tell who the girl was since she had a mask on. It covered her face, and seeing that she painted it white with red markings. He only was able to see that she was wearing a red dress and a big yellow hat. The old women was demonstrating a few things with her hands but it was confusing since there wasn't any water around.

He took a few steps closer as he heard the girl's voice, "I can't do that," She yelled out as she crossed her arms. "That goes against everything I stand for," She announced as the old women looked upset.

"Its the only way you can win this war," She spat at the girl as she took a step closer.

The girl shook her head, "It was nice meeting another waterbender but I'm never going to do that kind of bending," She turned around ready to leave.

The old women wasn't going to allow her to escape, "I don't think you understand. This would be the only way you can stop the Firelord, the Avatar is nowhere to be seen," She stated not backing down. She spotted how quickly Katara stopped at the mention of the avatar. And, a smirk crawled up on her lips. It was the waterbender who traveled with the Avatar.

"I believe the Avatar will stop this war," She replied as she continued to walk.

"How would you know unless," She teased as the old women raised her hand up in her direction, and the prince couldn't help but jump out and attack the women from behind. The commotion caused Katara to turn around.

Hama grunted as she got up and looked at the boy with a black-attired. He was wearing a blue mask and she raised her hand in his direction as a huge pain drilled into his body. He kneeled down crouching himself from the pain.