Twenty-Three

"Katara, your hair would look lovely like this," Zhilan commented as her finger brushed softly as Katara had her natural hair down as it was wavy. She had a half knot styled as the knot had a golden rim around to secure her hairstyle.

Katara looked at the mirror as it was something different, she knew that the style was common here in the Fire Nation expect many girls had straight thin hair whereas her was poofy, "Looks lovely Zhilan," She commented as she got up and headed to her wardrobe,"What kind of dress do you suggest?" She questioned the older women as her eyes sparkled in amazement.

"I made these two similar ones awhile back, and one is in the color blue and the other one red," Zhilan explained as she was ready to take out the blue dress.

Katara thought about it as she stopped her, "I will wear the red one for tonight," She explained as she had wanted to match the prince and make Zhilan happy.

The servant was surprised but didn't hesitate to help her put it on, "If you don't mind me asking, why red?" She asked as she helped put the skirt on.

"I guess, I'll let Zuko win this one time," Katara teased as the older women laughed as she tied the back of the skirt. The long skirt draped on her body as there was a small tail making it elegant. It was a two piece as the top was designed with a lot of gold and jewelry that also show case a bit of her stomach.

Zhilan moved around as she tied a few ribbons from the back before she turned to face the girl, "Do you plan to wear the necklace?" She pointed at the blue necklace that belonged to her Gran Gran. Katara shook her head as she wanted to keep it safe in her room.

"I think it's best it stays here also since it doesn't really match my dress," She explained as the women nodded in agreement. Zhilan helped her with a few touches as the door opened slightly.

"Is Katara ready?" Peng questioned as his voice was heard from the small creak. Zhilan responded as she guided him to walk inside the room. The two exchanged a soft peck before he turned to face the maiden, "I will be the one to escort you to the ball," He informed as Katara nodded,

"Will you two be there?" Katara questioned as Zhilan shook her head.

"Peng and I are going to catch up on some things in the kitchen along with the other servants," She explained as Katara nodded. She gave the women a hug before she left with the guard.

"Have you seen Zuko?" Katara asked the guard as he shook his head.

"I believed he was running around taking care of a few things with the General," He answered as the maiden nodded. The two walked alongside in the halls as Katara looked around. She loved seeing the paintings of the prince. There were many portraits of him being a small kid.

"I bet the prince will be happy to see you," Peng teased as he also was aware of their relationship. It wasn't surprising since Zhilan could of been the one to tell him, and it didn't bother her since he was Zhilan's husband

Katara slightly laughed as they entered into the grand room where it was decorated nicely and filled with a lot of teenagers. She looked around hoping to find the prince, but found Suki with Sokka. She excused herself from Peng as she made her way to the two.

As she got closer, she was stopped by a guy. A pale teenager with black shaggy hair. He was very tall and lean wearing a black outfit, "Do you need something?" Katara questioned as she was growing impatient.

"I just wanted to ask you if you want to hang for a bit," The guy answered honestly as Katara felt uneasy. It would be rude to decline, she thought to herself.

"She wouldn't be able to cause she's going to be by my side," She heard a familiar voice as she turned around and saw the prince. He had grabbed Katara's hand as she blushed due to the fact that they were in public.