chapter 0.

(This technically is a chapter ?? I just thought it would be good for you guys to get some insight into her thoughts after the accident).

~ { Ω } ~
Aurora's POV
~ { Ω } ~

I stepped out of my vehicle, locking it behind me and approaching my house. I had lived here for nine years...to think I was leaving on these accords...

The moment I stepped inside, it already felt wrong. Everything was in place of course, it was just the lack of presence. I walked through the hallway, reminiscing on the memories I had made here, until I got to the pantry.

It had been two years since I felt like this. It was strange; I couldn't feel the pain from the news I was given, but I knew it hurt me. How? Well...

My parents were "wine enthusiasts," wine nerds in my opinion. The pantry contained most of the wine that didn't need to be refrigerated, so when I rediscovered the room...

It went south. I got shit-faced, absolutely wasted; drinking the expensive alcohol by the bottle. Syrah from France; my mom always had a thing for Syrah, and I had to admit that it was a favorite as well. Riesling from Germany; a little too sweet for my taste, but wine is wine, and I have nothing else to do in the moment.

I opened another bottle, too far gone to read the label, and stumbled to my parent's bathroom, where I curled up on the floor, wine sitting by my head, and fell asleep.

When I woke again, I was greeted with a lovely headache that made me dizzy. I groaned, sitting up before looking over at the bottle of Malbec next to me. I grabbed the bottle and stumbled through the hallway, realizing how badly I needed to drink water...and maybe some Ibuprofen.

I placed the wine on the counter, turning away from it and getting a glass of water, filling it up and taking a long drink. I couldn't help but turn back to the wine, growing irritated with myself.

"Two years...two years sober wiped away." I scoffed aloud. I hesitantly grabbed the bottle and dumped it down the sink, realizing it was dark outside and checking the time on the oven, which read 3:26.

I sighed in disbelief, pulling out my phone to check my notifications and noticing the 63 missed calls from someone I didn't know. The last call was made 32 minutes ago, so I figured I should call back. Maybe it was the government or whoever gives you money when this kind of shit happens.

It picked up after the first ring, much to my dismay.

"Aurora? Are you ok?" A British man's voice greeted me.

I stayed quiet for a second, quite confused. "Who the fuck are you?" I managed to mumble out, my headache making me quite irritable.

"Name's Phil Watson, I'm your godfather. I last saw you when you were twelve, but you might not remember that too well." He briefly said.

I thought back for a moment, before realization hit. "Oh fuck, you mean my trip to the UK for Christmas? Yeah, you were the cool one who got me a 3Ds in the Christmas of 2011, I remember you...somehow." I mumbled the last bit, but apparently he heard and let out a weak laugh.

"Hey listen," he started. "I need to know how you're doing. I'm worried for you, especially because you missed like one-hundred calls from me—"

"Sixty-three." I corrected him.

"You get my point, but don't sound like you're doing good. Just give me an answer."

I thought for a moment, unsure what I should reveal before shrugging, knowing fully well he couldn't see me. "I drank some wine earlier, definitely too much. So, not really doing the best." I said, laughing like it was the funniest joke I've ever made.

"...So you're hungover?" It came out as more of a statement, because it was so obvious that I was. "How much did you drunk?"

"Two bottles of wine, maybe a little more. How I didn't get sick is beyond me, maybe it's my parent's alcohol tolerance being passed down to me. Genetics are wild, man." I said, shaking my head with a smile. Humor is just my way of dealing with shit, and this wasn't an exception.

"...What would you think of moving here? I know you're in your 20s, but I want to keep an eye on you for a while. Kristin said she'd be fine with you using the guest bedroom."

"To be honest, I could very well move out there now. I was already planning to before this happened, and I just got my visa approved after fucking years of waiting...but I still want some independence. I might try finding a roommate instead."

~ { Ω } ~
Word count: 865
Written: August 8, 2021

Yes, I will be avoiding explaining it for at least 5 more chapters. I love you <333 (/p)

Yknow what's odd to me? The fact that some people don't reread to make sure they didn't fuck something up. I reread most of my chapters like 15 times before posting