chapter 23 (finale).

LAST CHAPTER LESSS GOOOOOOOO

~ { Ω } ~

All it took was an hour train ride, the confidence zipping out of their body as they neared their location. Phil had apparently text Will to come pick the three up from the station so they could walk back to Will's flat together.

As the train came to a slow, arriving at its destination, Aurora felt a bit nauseous.

'This is a bad idea,' Aurora's brain screamed. They pushed the voices of doubt away, attempting to ignore the anxiety blooming in their chest.

"I can't do this," they said, voice wavering lightly. "I can't, I can't, this was doomed from the start-"

Kristin gently lay her hand on Aurora's wrist, calming them down immensely. "Remember what we talked about earlier?"

Aurora closed her eyes to focus on the conversation a few hours prior, reminding themself of the confidence that had previously filled them. They called some of that back, standing up and stretching, arms extended to the ceiling.

'Everything will be fine,' they reassured themself, walking toward the train's exit with Phil and Kristin trailing behind.

As soon as they stepped off the train, bag in hand, she spotted him. He was tapping his foot and looking around the milling crowd, searching for the people he had come to collect. The crowd around wasn't large, but he still hadn't spotted them.

Aurora unexpectantly dropped her bag, praying nothing broke, and sprinted to Will. Upon seeing her approaching, his grin appeared, opening his arms for a hug. She crashed into him, burying her head into his shirt, relishing the warmth he radiated in the cool autumn wind whipping at her hair.

Before she got the chance to speak, Will started. "Aurora, I'm sorry. I feel I've crossed some boundaries and I never-"

"Will," she stopped him, unburying her head from chest to meet his eyes. "I like you, dumbass."

He stayed quiet for a beat, and just before Aurora could feel that pooling doubt climb into her throat, he responded.

"Thank god," he muttered, leaning down to lightly kiss her forehead.

She smiled in contentment, still wrapped up in Will's embrace. "It took a single day and I missed you. Pathetic, isn't it?" she muttered, continuing on. "Still...this is nice." A smile tugged at her lips, and who was she to deny its existence?

~ { Ω } ~

THAT'S IT, THAT'S THE STORY.

Hi, thanks for sticking around, showing support, and all of the other cheesey stuff I need to say. Despite how burnt out I randomly get, I really, REALLY, enjoy writing, and ao3 (along with your guy's support, even if it's on my other book) helps motivate me into actually writing.

So, thank you! :))

Other works:
Close Your Pretty Eyes, My Butterfly CHAPTER 1 OUT ON AO3 UNDER ULTRAREDMONSTR. GO READ IT FUCKOS IM SO EXCITED

its my rendition of an adoption fic mixed with fae and vampires