chapter 10.

~ { Ω } ~
Will's POV
~ { Ω } ~

The week came and went, and we both got to learn a lot about each other. We talked about our interests, our favorite of everything, and a bit more about any drama happening in our lives. Aurora, or as I had nicknamed her, Ari, had shown a lot of interest in meeting my friends. So, when I proposed the idea if showing her my music on stream, then introducing her to my friends, she clearly expressed interest.

So, we were sitting in front of the monitor with the "starting soon" screen up and my mic muted.

"Hey, you know what would be really funny?" I asked, looking at her with a smirk.

She hummed, showing interest, and I gave her the answer. "Instead of normal starting stream music, you should play something."

She immediately left the room, coming back moments later with a ukulele. Apparently, she had been playing ukulele for ten years. The ukulele was made out of a beautiful walnut wood, and had various stickers scattered around including one with the Monster logo, and one with a rainbow heart.

Once she gave me a nod, I unmuted the stream and allowed her to start playing. She started with a gorgeous version of Meteor Shower by Cavetown, completing the song perfectly and sounding like an angel while doing so. She followed up by playing Waves by Chloe Moriondo, once again hitting every note perfectly and sounding like a godsend.

The last song she played was Everybody Talks by Neon Trees, her voice able to go a lot lower than I originally thought possible. In the middle of the song, with her nod of approval, I changed scenes so the audience could see her playing.

Once she was done, she rolled her chair over to my bed and put her instrument there, before rolling back and greeting stream her own way.

"Hey bitches, welcome to another stream! Today, we have a surprise guest, please welcome...The Shadow Man from Princess and the Frog!" she said, gesturing toward me with jazz hands.

"Yeah alright, Ms. Frizzle." I said, rolling my eyes with a smile.

She leaned closer to the microphone, whispering, "I see that as a compliment, but don't tell him."

I showed her the trilogy of "I'm in love with an E-Girl," "Internet Ruined Me," and "Your New Boyfriend," while she made witty remarks.

At the end of it, I nervously turned to her. "Thoughts?"

She deadpanned, only increasing my anxiety, before speaking.

"I, too, am in love with an e-girl. Absolute fucking bangers, you're a good songwriter."

I let out a sigh out of relief, why did I care so much about her approval?

Doesn't matter. I showed her "Your City Gave Me Asthma" and "Are You Alright," which were met with nothing but good remarks, before getting a discord message from Tommy.

~ { Ω } ~

Tommyinnit
Wilbur
Wilbur
Wlibur
Wiblur
WILBUR
Now?
We have a vc
On the server

WilburSoot
Sorry what?

Tommyinnit
We want to speak to the woman

WilburSoot
Let me ask cuz you can be a bit overwhelming

~ { Ω } ~

I looked over at Aurora to see her reading the messages. When she caught my glance, she nodded her head in approval.

I looked at the list of people in the voicecall before joining, reading it off aloud for Aurora.

"It's just Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo." I looked back at her to see a look of worry cross her face, so I raised my hand and ruffled her hair.

"You'll be fine, trust me."

She nodded, and I joined the voicecall. We were met with the sound of Tommy shushing the other two boys, they talked on. They did, however, quiet down at the sound of another person joining the call.

She stayed quiet for a moment, nervously shifting in her seat before speaking up. "How d'ya do, fellow nerds?"

In response, Tommy laughed obnoxiously, only making everyone else laugh. I smiled, glad they were already getting along.

Thirty minutes later, Aurora's phone started ringing, causing her to reach for it and make her way out the door. Tommy, Tubbo and I all chatted while Ranboo listened for a bit, until she came back in. She looked emotionless, but after spending an entire week with her, I could tell it was a mask.

I quickly muted my mic, swivelling my chair around to face her.

"What's wrong?"

She gave me a half-hearted smile, which quickly turned into a frown. "Their funeral is happening back in the states in a week, yet nobody invited me. That was a call from the fucking graveyard they're being buried in because one of the groundskeepers noticed their biological daughter wasn't on the guest list," she ranted, her eyes focused on the wall behind me.

I gave her a small reassuring smile, reaching my arms out for a hug. She hesitated, a look of uncertainty crossing her face, before shrugging and accepted. She hugged tightly, like I was the only thing grounding her at this moment.

"I'm not going; I can't deal with my dad's friends," she said, her voice coming out a whisper.

I nodded, rubbing her back in circles before gently nudging her away.

"I'm still streaming, let me end stream before you actually have a breakdown."

With that, she sat in the chair next to me while I unmuted my mic.

Thank god this isn't some Wattpad fanfiction where I forget to mute my mic, twitter ships us, she gets mad, then we make up although I would've leaked her darkest secret on stream.

"Hey guys, I think that's the end of today's stream. I'm pretty tired, what about you Ari?"

She looked at me, a dead expression on her face. "Exhausted."

If only chat knew just how many things that singular word meant.

I smiled at her, turning back to the camera and leaving the voice call with the boys. I enlarged my face cam so it was the only thing on the screen, giving my audience a wide smile.

"I hope you guys enjoyed today's stream! Remember to stay hydrated, and check out Aurora's YouTube channel, it's 'Romeora,' right?"

She laughed at the pronunciation, light entering her eyes once again before telling me how to properly say it. "It's a mashup between Romeo and Aurora, 'Romeora.' Yeah; I post covers there from time to time, I'll probably post something else soon," she said with a smile. She seemed to like talking about her YouTube, so I felt at ease at her lifted mood.

"Yeah, go check that out. Let's raid..." I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to find someone to raid. "Let's raid Phil."

~ { Ω } ~
Word Count: 1125 words
Written: September 23rd, 2021

A/N: 🖕writer's block🖕
Very cringe chapter sobbing