chapter 2.

~ { Ω } ~
Aurora's POV
~ { Ω } ~

It's been about a week since I moved here, and all was well. Kristen was more maternal than my own mother was, and I found out more about my godfather. He wasn't lying when he was talking about his profession in the car...

My other luggage still hadn't arrived yet, in fact it had gotten lost. The airline I used had lost the rest of my stuff but somehow not my guitar, how they accomplished such feat is beyond me.

I've also been scrolling through Craigslist daily, putting in forums for being people's roommates. I wasn't desperate, so I could be a bit picky. I oftentimes skipped people that sounded creepy; I wanted to room with someone between the ages of 20-25, preferably not a male (though, I'd be fine if it came down to it), with a bedroom for me. It sounds strange, but there was a guy who wanted his roommate to sleep in the front room, so I added a bedroom to my list of needs.

Today, I just so happened to find one that seemed pretty decent. Sure, the owner was male, but the house was pretty decent for living in the city, and the description listed that the walls were mostly soundproof. So, I input the form and waited for a response.

I didn't have to wait long; maybe 5 minutes later I got an email from the owner of the house.

~ { Ω } ~

Will Gold @/inputrandomemail
to me

Hello! I saw you were interested in possibly rooming with me, so would you like to come over soon and tour the house, make sure it's to your liking?

Aurora Aiglanor @/otherrandomemail
to Will Gold

First of all, please don't murder me. Second of all, did you read the part that said I would need to freeload for a bit until I have a way to make money? I just moved here from America so I can't exactly get a job.

Will Gold @/inputrandomemail
to me

LMAO I wouldn't dream of it. Do you know how bad that would look for me? Anyway, I'm fine with the freeloading. I was honestly just feeling like the house is too quiet after work. When works for you?

Aurora Aiglanor @/otherrandomemail
to Will Gold

I have absolutely nothing happening in my life right now, so I'm free whenever I guess? It depends on when you're free.

Will Gold @/inputrandomemail
to me

How about Friday at 10am? I can send you the address.

Aurora Aiglanor @/otherrandomemail
to Will Gold

Works for me! Pleasure doing business with you.

Will Gold @/inputrandomemail
to me

Ditto :))

~ { Ω } ~

I smiled at my laptop before shutting it, standing up to tell Phil and Kristen the good news.

"Hey," I started, catching their attention. They were just talking in the kitchen, something I discovered was a normal occurrence.

"I have an appointment on Friday to visit a potential roommate, would someone mind driving me? I know I can use my US license for a while, but it's not my car and I'm still trying to normalize driving on the left side of the road." I said, grabbing a glass and filling it with water.

"Sure," Phil answered, "but why not use public transit? We have it for a reason." I tried to find a hint of sourness in his voice, but I found none.

"I would have to spend four hours in the city, and I don't really want to. I also don't want to get into this guy's car til I trust him." I responded, taking a drink once I had finished.

Phil nodded his head, checking his phone. "5:50, got to go. Love you honey." He said, giving his wife a kiss on the forehead.

"Thanks Phil!" I called after him. He responded, but I didn't really hear what he said, nor did I care.

For some reason he starts streaming at 6pm, and streams for 4-5 hours, typically getting of at around 10:30. I haven't bothered watching his streams yet because I've been busy finding a room, but I vowed to watch as soon as everything calmed down.

~ { Ω } ~
Timeskip
~ { Ω } ~

"It's too early for this shit." I said, grouchily looking out the window. I was never a huge fan of mornings, and it was definitely showing. I could sleep past one in the afternoon if I really wanted to.

Phil nudged me, trying to get me out of my sulking. "Mate, cheer up. Remember, you're meeting your new roommate—"

"—Potential roommate," I interrupted him.

He playfully rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah, whatever. You're meeting your potential roommate today."

I shut my eyes for a few seconds before opening them again, fixing my posture and rubbing my eyes with the heels of my hands, attempting to wake up.

"...Can I put on some music? It's only sorta loud, I swear."

He sighed, handing me his phone with Spotify open. I quickly typed in my favorite song, Happy Face by Jagwar Twin, softly singing along.

When the song was over, we were in the city trying to get through traffic. I checked the time and how long it would take me to walk, wanting to get out of the stuffy vehicle.

"9:37, with a thirteen minute walk."

"Hey Phil, I can just walk from here. It's only a few minutes away and I want to calm my nerves. You can probably just go back to your house and I'll get a friend to drive me back. I totally forgot, but I have an internet friend who lives here, apologies." I said, smiling. It was true, I had an internet friend who lived here.

He looked at me with a concerned look before unlocking the doors. "Be careful mate, don't die."

I nodded in understanding stepping out of the vehicle into the chilly Brighton air. The nearby sea along the road made the city incredibly misty this early in the morning, causing me to shiver before running to the nearest sidewalk, attempting to cross the road without getting run over.

Once I made it to the sidewalk, I clutched my jacket closer to me, taking in the cold coast. It was quite beautiful, and I found yet another reason I loved the rain so much. It made me feel so warm, so alive. The difference in temperature between the air and my skin was comforting for some odd reason.

I began my walk toward the house, smiling softly.

"Let's start anew."

~ { Ω } ~
Word count: 1120
Written: August 9, 2021

A/N: broskis i just started drivers ed (09/09/21) and yeah im mad stressed but imma keep writing despite the piling amount of work i have