chapter 4.

Don't be an invisible reader; leaving votes, comments, or sharing the story helps me feel motivated to keep writing :))

~ { Ω } ~
Aurora's POV
~ { Ω } ~

Phil insisted that he meet my new roommate today, so after messaging Will and arranging everything, we had a plan. Phil would drive me and my luggage over, and meet Will. This meant he had to postpone his call, but Will said it had already been rescheduled because someone else had to do something.

After sitting in awful traffic for far too long, we were able to park in front of Will's house. I knocked on the door, met a moment later with Will and his goofy smile.

"Will this is Phil, my godfather. Phil this is Will, my new roommate."

They both stayed silent for a moment, before Phil started cackling like a madman. Will also started laughing, kneeling over and leaving me confused.

"Did I miss something? Don't leave me out of the joke." I said, extremely confused.

Phil eventually caught his breath and feigned a very serious expression. "Hello Will, my name is Phil. Nice to meet you."

Wilbur reciprocated, "Hello Phil, my name is Will. It's also nice to meet you."

"Alright, cut the shit." I interrupted. "Explain, I hate being clueless."

Phil started laughing again, while Will explained. "We work together. You know what Phil does for a living?"

"He plays games in front of people who are either bored or have childhood trauma." I deadpanned.

There was silence for a few seconds, before Will burst out laughing, Phil close behind.

Once Will caught his breath back, he explained a bit more. "Yeah, we stream Minecraft together. It's more interesting than it sounds, I swear. We have sick roleplaying skills."

I just kinda stood there for a moment, attempting to comprehend that. "So uh..." I started, "Phil, does my new roommate have your approval?"

He playfully rolled his eyes. "I guess..." I immediately ran off, grabbing my suitcase and guitar from the trunk and running upstairs to put them down.

~ { Ω } ~
Will's POV
~ { Ω } ~

She ran upstairs rather quickly with her stuff and we watched her go. When I looked back at Phil, I saw a worried look on his face, along with what seemed to be exhaustion. Before I could ask why, he caught my eye and briefly explained.

"She just got out of a really tough situation, so be gentle with her."

"What do you mean?" I quietly asked.

He looked over his shoulder, before leaning close to my ear and saying those words that seemed to be the cause of his exhaustion.

"What happened to her family should never happen to any family. Keep an eye on her for me and let me know if her behavior changes." I nodded and he pulled away, patting my shoulder.

She was down a few seconds later, and I checked on Phil. He looked normal again, and I knew that I would have to pretend to be clueless. At least for now.

~ { Ω } ~
Timeskip to that evening
~ { Ω } ~
Aurora's POV
~ { Ω } ~

I was rather relieved when Will said he had an air mattress and spare blankets I could borrow, since I hadn't bought an actual mattress and didn't have my bed stuff just yet.