chapter 16.

~ { Ω } ~
~ { Aurora's POV } ~
~ { Ω } ~

I was gently shaken awake by Will, who was whispering for me to wake up. I slowly came to, gaining a sense of my surroundings. Instead of on the road, like we had been earlier, the car was sitting still and turned off, empty except for Will and I.

I rubbed my eyes, turning to face Will. "Where are the guys?" I mumbled.

He smiled, turning to fold the seat in front of him to allow us to exit. "We're on the ferry, didn't want to wake you up. The guys are up on the deck getting some coke, we can go join them and get out of this cramped-ass car."

I laughed at his whining, nodding my head to show that I agreed. He joyously climbed over the collapsed seat, opening the door carefully so as not to bump any cars in the cramped garage deck. Slowly, we made our way out, squeezing our way past other cars just to be able to slam the door shut.

I spotted some signs pointing to the cabins, along with the bathrooms, which we followed to a set of stairs. We went up, finding the boys coming down.

"Oh, good morning?" Mark questioned, looking back at Joe in befuddlement. We were undoubtedly near noon, so it's not like any of us knew whether that was right.

"Yeah, morning," I snickered. Will chuckled at my mischief, rolling his eyes and pointing up the stairs. Everyone seemed to get the memo, walking up the stairs toward the deck. It was then I realized that Ash wasn't with us, looking around in bewilderment.

"What's wrong?" Will asked, sensing my growing perplexion.

I turned my head to face him, my eyebrows furrowed in my growing confusion. "Where's Ash?"

Joe tilted his head back, talking to me as we were walking up the stairs. "He went and got us a table on the deck before anyone else could, he also has our drinks. We were just on our way down to get you two."

I nodded my head, relaxing my face again and following the guys upstairs.

We emerged into the cabin, a large room with windows on every side, seats sprawled out, and a couple small counters selling overpriced food and drinks. At the front and back of the cabin were a few doors, leading out onto the deck where Ash was supposedly staying.

Sure enough, as we looked around we spotted him; sitting lonesome at a table by the railing, many different varieties of pop in a small group in front of him. We walked over, taking our seats and grabbing a soda of our choice.

The cool wind brushed through all of our hair, making pale cheeks pink and uncovered ears red. Ash and Will were the only two safe from the wind, as they had their beanies on. I was starting to get a headache from the ache my cold ears were experiencing, and rubbed my ears to try and counter it. My hair was also hitting my face every two seconds, irritating me to no end.

Will sensed my growing discomfort, and slipped his beanie onto my head and over my eyes. I sharply turned to where I assumed he was in mock anger, making him burst into laughter. The guys who must have seen what happened chortled as well, and I couldn't help but join, pulling the beanie back to see again.

For the next two hours, we messed around out of boredom. When the announcement came out that we were 20 minutes from the shore, we all reluctantly trudged downstairs and back into the cramped car.

Mark turned to Will, a smirk crossing his face. "Where you sitting this time, mate?"

Will shrugged his shoulders, not giving any sort of clear answer to the question. It's not like I would've minded; but then again, he made for an excellent pillow.

It was nice to have a shoulder to lean on, both physically and emotionally.

I slipped into the backseat, Will following behind much to everyone's surprise. Whereas he had previously grumbled about how much he hated the backseat because of his tall legs, he now silently sat with his dopey smile.

As we all got in the car, we heard the announcement that we would be arriving to shore soon, thus allowed to finally get home. I was exhausted, and I was willing to bet everyone else was too. Behind that exhaustion, I could feel the excitement growing over their new EP.

'I think we're all excited for the coming months.'

~ { Ω } ~
Word count: 794 words
Written: November 20, 2021
A/N: Just some fun lil bond building chapters <333