PROLOGUE

"DARN IT!"

Noctura hissed, and black shadows curled up around her, flickering angrily in response to their enraged master.

"Darn it ALL!!" She whipped around, and stormed out of the room, and slammed the onyx doors shut. Wisps of emerald green escaped from beneath the cracks, but she glared at them, and they withdrew behind the door.

Her beloved shadow bats fluttered to her immediately, and flocked around her to provide some measure of comfort. The dark queen immediately smiled, a clawed hand reaching up to stroke one of the bar's underbellies. It tittered and squealed excitedly, and nuzzled Noctura's cheek.

"Thank you, all of you always manage to make me feel better," Noctura sighed, and lay her head upon the door. She turned her head to gaze out a window far away, where the sky was a sickly green and gray, and thunderclouds loomed ahead.

"Yet another day where one of our plans failed."

Noctura stared at a bundle of shadows, quivering and whimpering weakly in the corner, a shadow of what it had been.

"I can't believe that they stopped that boy from opening the portal. We were so close to escaping this hellhole Lumia created."

She muttered conspiratorially, and clenched her fists in sudden fury.

"Fuck you, and fuck your world of eternal light, Lumia"