BONUS CHAPTER (XII (ii))

"MEETING ADJOURNED. WE WILL DISCUSS FURTHER UPON THIS MATTER THE NEXT DAY."
Skyra said to the group of elves currently seated around a large, round table, all dressed in lavish and expensive clothing, gold accessories and sparkling jewellery displayed freely in a show of power and wealth.
A flurry of packing up and clearing thick stacks of papers happened all at once, and soon, the wooden table was cleared and devoid of any mess– nothing like the clutter of ink pens and parchment scattered around during the Court Meeting.
They shuffled out of the room, through the wooden double doors, and the last elf to leave shut it, leaving Skyra alone in the room to stew with her thoughts. The Air Sister rested her elbows on the table, propping up her head with her hand. It was tiring, to say the least, to deal with so many haughty lords and ladies in a single day. And with the new problems of lost magic in the fire elves, Skyra sourly thought, they were looking to her for guidance, as though she was a Fire elf of all elves.
This matter was important for the other factions to know, sure, but to look for Skyra for guidance was preposterous. She wasn't the ruler of Elvendale, only the AIR SISTER not the FIRE Sister. And the Sisters' original purpose was never to dilly dally themselves with the Elven Court. They were only the most powerful mages in the realm of their element, meant to create the portal and nothing else. Of course, with great power came unneeded authority and responsibility.
TLDR; It had to be handled with the fire court, and fire elves, not her.
Now that she was thinking, maybe she should retire and be the mysterious, reclusive Sky Witch even with the court. She had hidden away from society, sure, but she could never escape court. Now though, the prospect of becoming a hermit was ever so lovely to the tired Skyra.