CHAPTER VII

"WHO KNEW THAT DUMB ELF BOY COULD HAVE THAT MUCH POWER?"
Raganna mumbled, sipping on a fluorescent green liquid in a tall cocktail glass, laying back on a beach chair. Tall, dark and foreboding trees loomed over, blocking out whatever bits of sunlight wanting to stream in. Gnarled and twisted branches braided themselves around the enclosure, and the only thing lighting up the gloomy and dark space was a fountain.

A circular fountain made of smooth, yet slightly cracked stone, held the same noxious, glowing liquid, with an intricately carved dragon's head gushing out more liquid. It lit the space dimly, the only other light the occasional fireflies flitting in and out of Raganna's side of the forest.

It now was emitting a voice, low-pitched yet feminine, with an ethereal quality.

"Raganna, your greatest flaw is that you are always too sure of yourself, and underestimate your enemies," The voice replied to the moping dark witch. "Do not think that I am antagonising you. I am trying to make you a more powerful witch, more like me, in power and visage. But you must first be careful where you tread."

Raganna groaned visibly. "Yeah, I kinda know that. But those stupid elves' United Magic would have been weaker –  I saw that crack in the girl's amulet, she really forgets that everyone can see that darned thing in full view."

"Ragamna, I must admit; this is a new discovery for both of us. Do not blame yourself, for I too thought that this- Cronan - was manageable. I had made such observations when my Darknicity had been ungracefully flung back to my world."

The voice said, trying to comfort the witch.

"When it was around that elf, it reported that he seemed to only be powerful when he used his amulet, and the elf rarely used his natural magic. But it seems times have either changed, or he has had this much power all along."

"Yeah, I get it! But what on Skyra's flying Pegasus am I supposed to do?"

"What we have always done. Spy, increase our power, and come back another day."

Raganna leaned her head further back on her chair, chewing the straw. She flung the empty glass onto the floor, and it shattered to pieces. The dark elf stood up abruptly, clenching her fists in determination.

"Don't worry, I'll try to free you as soon as I can. After all, you are my only friend," Raganna snarled. "I'll trample those stupid friends, the human and that stupid stupid, Skyra thrice-damned elf boy. I'll show them who's boss!"

Far away, in a dimension of darkness and shadow, inside a locked room, atop a tower, a witch smiled.

Noctura truly, was proud of how far her protégé had come.

She was so loyal, and so different from Lumia.