CHAPTER IX

"GOOD BYE EMILY! SEE YOU TOMMOROW!"
Azari and the others waved goodbye, with the exception of Cronan, who was recuperating in his forest home. Emily and Sophie smiled and waved back, before jumping through the azure blue portal, colours swirling into an image of Earth. The portal closed shut, and only the large tree that towered over the, remained.

"Well, Farran. Can I crash here tonight? You know me-" Azari clicked her fingers, "I have no house, haha." Little puffs of smoke billowed out, but Azari blew on it. "Haha, fire fingers acting up." Farran sighed, and nodded.

"Sure Azari. Just don't burn down the treehouse."

"Noo way Farran. I would never."

Azari laughed, and made her way up the treehouse.
-

In a dimension closed off from the Realms, a world of darkness and Shadow, an elf witch of dark and black power was plotting. Her malicious smile grew wider when an old and tattered map was spread out on an ebony table, plotting Elvendale's world. Bats fluttered around her, chittering to her as she made her plans. Noctura looked out the tinted windows of her tower, and a flaming lion, flying with great wings of flame and fire, was nearing on the horizon.

"Look, my dears, The housecat has arrived for his centennial visit." Noctura whispered softly, placing a palm to the glass. "Perfect timing for our new plan."

The lion was coming closer and closer, his fiery mane flickering red, orange and gold like flames, his coat a bright and brilliant orange, and upon his forehead, resting above his eyes, was a shining red gemstone, with gold inlaid of the Fire Element Symbol. The wings of fire were flapping, and with each flap, large bursts of winds blew through the air. The great beast roared, and it shook the foundations of the tower, vibrating throughout the building.

"Come, let us go to the balcony where we will meet the most insufferable of all guardians." Noctura said, rolling her eyes. She flung open the doors, and swept out to the balcony, where a podium perfect for landing was. The fire guardian landed with a heavy thud, and shook everything once more. He folded in his wings, and opened his mouth to give a great roar that boomed like thunder.

Noctura, who was on the direct receiving end of this, winced and looked away. She gave a little grimace, and bowed. "What can I do for you, Rowan? I would offer tea, but you know, nothing short of poisonous grows here." She snarked, and a wide and knowing smile covered her face as she was bowing.

"Rise, Noctura. You have no respect for us guardians than you would a tiny insect upon the floor of a forest. I do not need your paltry greetings." Rowan replied, and snorted. Great billows of smoke wafted out, and Noctura coughed under her breath slightly.
Around her clutched hands behind her back, were tendrils of noxious green and black magic, swirling terribly.

Darn this obnoxious and arrogant lion, soon he will feel weak, and he shall have the power of a mere bug, if that is what he wishes, Noctura thought bitterly, and strained her smile more.

She rose, and her black hair fell back. "Well, what do you need from me, Your Esteemed and Grreat Highness." She snarled, holding back some choice words.

"Only that you are still shackled to the Shadow Realm, you cruel witch. I shall now go, and do not attempt to follow me. The portal can only admit me."

And with that, the great beast lifted his wings, and roared, opening a fiery portal, pink and red flames framing it. As he lifted a paw to rise and fly in, Noctura saw her opening. Forming her magic into a more solid form, she raised her hands and clenched, shackles forming around the lions paws, preventing him from leaving. Bright green magic glowed, she pulled the lion back onto the podium.

The portal grew smaller swiftly, and only a spark remained of it. "NO! Release me immediately, Noctura!" The lion roared, and flames began to form. He lashed out, red-hot fire blooming around the podium, as streams of flame were directed at the elf. Noctura, however, had planned for this. She began sparking a little magic upon her fingers, and drew a rune, whispering a sleep spell. The beast fell and collapsed upon the podium, shackled to the floor. His furry chest heaved, and his claws retracted.

Noctura grinned, before laughing even harder.

"Whaha! That damned guardian is mine now! Time for phase two!"