21

TW's:
-Eating disorder behaviour (passing out)
-Overexercising

George's POV

I called my mother after Clay and I dressed up in our normal clothes again. Clay was cuddling with me because I was having a lot of tics again.

I was constantly repeating the kiss between Clay and me, but we didn't talk about it yet. I was really in love with him and I was sure my mother was going to notice right away and constantly tease me about it.

I heard a car slow down behind us and we stood up to walk to the car. My mother stepped out and smiled at Clay, walking closer to him to shake his hand.

'Hi, Clay! I'm George's mum.'

'Hello, miss,' Clay said with a smile.

'Don't be so polite, I feel old when you call me that,' my mother laughed.

Clay grinned and she held the door open for him. Clay sat down in the back and my mother smirked at me. 'You have good taste,' she whispered.

I rolled my eyes and opened the car door to sit next to Clay. He was smiling at me and pulled me closer, because I was having tics. He held my hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, letting me rest my head on his chest.

'Clay, Clay, Clay, Clay, Clay.'

Clay rubbed my hand and smiled. 'I'm with you, calm down.'

I screamed, kicked my leg as I hit my chest and pulled my hair after. Clay slowly let my hand relax and held it tightly so I wouldn't grab my own hair anymore. I started slamming his hand on his leg and Clay just sat silently, running his hand through my hair.

'I'm here, I'm with you,' Clay said as he smiled at me.

'Sorry for hitting you,' I whispered as I screamed after. I was getting crazy because of all the tics I was having and ended up bursting into tears as I couldn't stop anymore.

My mother hadn't started the car yet and Clay unfastened my seatbelt, letting me lay down as he laid down next to me. He pulled me close against his body as he kissed me on my cheek. 'Calm down, George.'

My mother opened the car door to leave us alone for a little bit and she left to walk around outside. Clay took that as his chance and rolled me closer to him.

'Close your eyes,' he whispered as he let his hand go under my shirt to massage my back. I once told him that calmed me down too and he did everything to make me feel as calm as possible.

As he rubbed my back, he kissed my forehead and hummed a song to me. I started feeling more relaxed and started breathing slower as I almost dozed off to sleep. Clay lifted me up again, fastened my seatbelt and let me rest my head on his shoulder as he kissed my cheek again.

'You can sleep, George.'

I was too tired to reply. A tic attack always exhausted me so much that I just wanted to sleep afterwards. I ended up falling asleep in Clay's arms.

I woke up an hour later. Apparently Clay had carried me inside to lay me down on the couch. I smiled at him and sat up as I saw him talking to my mother. I wondered what they had been talking about, but just left it like this.

'Hi, did you sleep well?'

I nodded. 'I barely slept last night, so I'm glad that I slept for a little now.'

Clay smiled with a blush on his face, but next to his blush, his face was really pale.

'Is there any chance I can exercise in the garden?' Clay asked.

'Exercise?' I replied with confusion.

'I uh- I have to exercise every day.'

'But we already swam today,' I muttered.

Clay nodded slowly but then shook his head. 'But I need to do my exercises too, I have to stay healthy and fit.'

'Clay, this is escalating,' I said. 'You've already exercised enough today, this is turning into an eating disorder.'

'I just want to exercise for a little.'

'Fine,' I muttered as Clay stood up to walk to the garden.

I looked at my mum with a sad face. 'I'm worried about him.'

My mother nodded. 'He has worrying behaviour. I asked him what he wanted for dinner and he seemed to freak out when I offered to eat pasta at first. I'm just getting some beans, potatoes and fish now. Organic, because he doesn't eat anything else.'

I looked outside at Clay jumping and panting loudly. I stood up, because I didn't trust him being alright and watched him through the window. His jumps got slower and less high, he leaned forwards with his hands on his knees as he panted loudly with sweat dripping down his forehead.

I quickly opened the door and ran to him as he fell down in front of me.

'Mum! MUM,' I yelled.

She immediately ran outside as I knelt down next to Clay. 'He fainted,' I muttered. 'He faints really often.'

My mother knelt down too and held her hand on his neck to feel his heartbeat. 'He's unconscious, but I think he's starting to wake up again.'

Clay opened his eyes a few seconds later and my mother smiled at him. 'Are you okay?'

Clay nodded slowly. 'I think I might have done enough today,' he whispered with an extremely pale face.

'You're going to lay down on the couch as I prepare dinner for you. You have to eat something.'

Clay didn't even argue anymore and my mother and I helped him inside. He laid down on the couch with his eyes closed and ended up falling asleep within a minute.

I felt myself tear up as I got a lot of tics again. 'He's not okay.'

'I think he has an eating disorder, honey. It's best to let him know you're here for him and try to make him feel comfortable to eat something different than just his organic, pure and vegan foods.'

I nodded as I held his hand while sitting next to him on the couch. I just hoped he was going to be alright.

1039 words