10

TW's:
-Fight parents (domestic violence)
-Under the influence of alcohol
-Eating disorder behaviour
-Wounds/cuts
-Child abuse

Clay's POV

After I had exercised for five hours, I decided to go back home. I wasn't feeling okay at all, I was really lightheaded and my whole body felt weak and numb.

TW fight parents (domestic violence)
TW child abuse

I yawned as I entered my house, but got greeted with loud, screaming voices. I slowly closed the door behind me as I walked to the living room to see my mother holding a bottle of alcohol in the air, acting like she was going to hit my dad.

'I'm not eating with you,' my mother screamed. She looked at me now. 'You're the cause of all this.'

I lifted my hands in the air and frowned. 'I just came home, what have I done?'

'Your father is buying organic stuff for you, you're just a stupid mental kid.'

'He's not mental,' my dad yelled back. 'You're the one who is in the wrong. You're supposed to be a mother, but you're drinking all the time. You constantly swear at Clay, but he did nothing wrong. You need help to figure out these problems of yours.'

'What did you just say?' my mother muttered. She was obviously drunk and walked closer to my dad. She almost fell down and grabbed my shoulder so she could keep standing up. I shrugged her hand off.

'I want nothing to do with you,' I mumbled, walking away.

'You're such a failure, Clay. It's all your fault, you're a fat and ugly son.'

I stared down at my body with tears in my eyes. I wasn't that fat, right?

'FAT?' my dad screamed back. 'He's way too thin and you call him fat? You need mental help, right away.'

They were screaming so loudly that I walked to the stairs to go away and escape the screaming voices.

'I HATE YOU AND CLAY, YOU ARE BOTH STUPID,' my mother screamed.

'DON'T INVOLVE CLAY, YOU'RE THE STUPID ADDICT HERE.'

I was quiet for a little, but then I heard a slap sound, a bottle shatter and a scream. I ran back downstairs to see my dad holding his hand on his face and his arm bleeding a tiny bit.

'Are you okay, dad?' I asked him, but my mother grabbed my shoulder as she shook me heavily.

She let go of me, causing me to fall down with my hand in the glass. I winced, stood back up and had my dad pull me closer to him.

TW over

'Come upstairs, honey,' he whispered, fighting against his tears.

We quickly went upstairs and he ran to the bathroom with me, looking at my hand.

TW wounds

'There's glass in your wound. This is going to hurt a lot, but I'm getting tweezers to try to get it out at home.'

I nodded slowly as I looked at my dad grabbing some things. He disinfected the tweezer and I held my hand up, looking away as I could feel myself get nauseous from the pain.

I winced as he took it out and disinfected my wound afterwards.

TW over

'I think I got it all,' my dad said. 'Are you okay?'

'I'm fine,' I responded. 'I'm going to take a shower.'

'I don't think it's a good idea to shower with your wound now. Maybe you can take a bath and make sure to not get it wet.'

I nodded slowly and my dad left the bathroom. I let the bathtub fill up with water and soap and undressed once it was done. My dad went downstairs and I could hear my parents scream again.

I felt really scared and sad as they kept yelling at each other and stepped out of the bathtub to reach for my earphones. I put them in and sat back down, putting on loud music so I wouldn't hear them scream. Unfortunately our house wasn't soundproof at all and every step they took was able to be heard upstairs. It wasn't anything weird that I could hear them scream.

My parents kept screaming for an hour and then I decided to dry myself off again. After I dressed up, I walked downstairs slowly since I heard the door slam shut and I looked at my dad standing in the kitchen with a recipe in his hands.

'Are you okay, dad?'

He avoided looking at me, sniffed softly and then nodded.

'I don't believe you, can you look at me?'

My dad turned his head to me and I saw he was crying. 'I'm sorry for crying, I should be strong for you.'

'Dad, you have every reason to cry,' I said as he pulled him in for a hug. 'She's really hurtful, did she also physically hurt you?'

My dad nodded slowly and looked away again. 'I'm sorry, Clay. I only want you to be happy, I don't care what she does to me. I've ruined it in the past already-.'

'Dad, you've been sober for one year now, I'm not mad at you. I know I was mad back then when you lost your job, but you've been doing great. You built the swimming pool and you're getting a lot of money from it, I'm proud of you.'

'Do you mean that?' my dad asked, whispering quietly. 'I want you to have a good youth to look back on once you're older.'

'I have an amazing dad, it's just mom who has to ruin it all.'

'I'm so afraid she will hit you one day.'

'I can take it, I want her to stop hitting you.'

My dad sighed softly. 'She won't come back for dinner, because she finds it ridiculous that I bought organic stuff for you.'

'Thank you for caring,' I said with a smile. 'What did you buy?'

'I bought some beans, organic potatoes and fish.'

'I'm not sure if I want fish,' I muttered.

My dad nodded slowly. 'I will just prepare it then you can see if and how much you eat from it. But Clay, you're getting really thin and you've exercised a lot today. I'd like you to eat something.'

I nodded slowly. 'I'm not that thin, right?'

'You're getting very thin, Clay. You also never eat fats and barely any carbs. You need way more of them.'

I shrugged. 'I think it's fine,' I said as I felt lightheaded again. Was it fine?

1049 words

Summary:
Clay's parents have a big fight, Clay's mother abuses Clay's dad and Clay after that.