Chapter 2

Y/n's POV

( A/N - I don't know where Douxie lives so I put an a apartment )

You and Douxie was cleaning his apartment whilst listening to some music on the radio. It was what you owed him for helping you control your powers. You both stopped at the sound of someone knocking on the door.

You opened the door to see an old man wearing strange armour. You looked at the man in confusion, wondering if he was a cosplayer but decided to leave the problem to your best friend,
" Douxie! There's someone at the door!"

Douxie came up to the door and looked shocked when he saw the old man, which didn't go unnoticed by you. You could tell he knew who he was, this however, made you curious.

He stuttered nervously,
" M - Merlin, what are you doing here? I thought training was over for today,"

Training? Has Douxie been hiding something from me? You thought for a moment. You and him have been best friends since you were kids. There isn't anything you two can't hide from each other, right?

Confused, you looked at Douxie,
" Training? Who is this?"

He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck,
" Well, you already know about all the Trolls and Wizards. This is Merlin, one of the most powerful wizards and the one who created the amulet,"

You gave him a surprised expression before glancing at the floor, still hurt at why he lied. You swore to each other that you would never lie to each other, you guess that doesn't mean anything anymore.

" Why did you lie to me?"

He sighed heavily,
" I didn't want you to be involved in all this stuff, you could get yourself hurt,"

" I have magic too, I can control my abilities now. That was not your choice to make!"

You inhaled deeply, trying to calm the rising anger within. You knew what would happen if you got to angry. Your powers react to your emotions, sometimes they're to strong to contain your power.

You frowned slightly before letting out a dramatic sigh,
" Fine, I forgive you but promise me you won't lie to me ever again, and let me fight,"

He thought about it for a moment before sighing in defeat, knowing how stubborn you can be,
" Fine but if you get hurt, I'll never be able to forgive you,"

Merlin exclaimed, walking into the house like he owned the place,
" I have terrible news, the Arcane Order has returned and we need you to help protect the Genesis Seals. One of the Arcane Order members, known as Nari, is helping us defeat them but Bellroc and Skrael aren't,"

Genesis seals? You've read about them in one of Douxie's wizard books.

Douxie asked,
" Genesis seals?"

Before Merlin spoke you responded,
" They're ancient primal seals that contain the very essence of magic itself. If the seals are broken it will unleash raw magic, ending all life in an Arcane Apocalypse,"

They looked at you in shock, in which you just shrugged in response,
" What? I read a lot,"

Merlin commented,
" You do know your education, Douxie why didn't you tell me about her?"

He just shrugged his shoulders with a nervous smile. Merlin walked in and sat on the couch, his metal armour making a clanging sound as he did saw.

He asked,
" May I have a glass of water?"

You nodded and got a glass. You walked over to the sink and filled up the glass with cold water. He thanked you whilst you drank yours.

You asked in curiosity,
" May I ask who are the Arcane Order? I've read lots of wizard books but never heard of them,"

Merlin explained,
" The Arcane Order was a secret. I managed to keep it a secret from most wizards, only my wizard friends and some other wizards around the world know.
The Arcane Order were the original creators of the earth and universe. They made sure balance was kept between magic and mortals at all costs,"

Merlin explained who is in the Arcane Order and what their magic was. They were ready to leave until you got up and asked,
" Can I come? I've been training for 3 years now and I've read every book there is. I'm ready,"

Merlin thought for a minute and finally nodded. You grabbed your weapons in excitement before quickly getting changed in your room. You were finally going into battle instead of reading behind the scenes.

( Her outfit )

( Her outfit )

You put ' the Destruction ' on your back and your sword in the sheath, with your dagger in your little dagger pocket on your thigh. Tidying your hair a bit, you walked out before nodding at them. You then left to fight the Arcane Order.

You arrived at HexTech and went through a secret passage way to another room. You've been here before, it was were you would study sometimes with Krel and Douxie. All of the group was there, Krel, Claire, Toby, Blinky and the rest.

They all looked at you as you waved with a smkle. Krel came up to you before embracing you into a tight hug. You giggled at his action,
" Nice to see you too Krel,"

You pulled away as he went back to all the computers he was working on. You glanced at Claire to see her more quiet than usual. Her smile wasn't genuine and her actions seemed more nervous.

Concerned for your friend, you asked,
" Claire what's wrong?"

She looked at me with worried eyes,
" Jim was kidnapped by the Arcane Order, I'm worried about him,"

" He'll be okay, I promise,"

She sent you a weak smile as a short girl with green hair and antlers walked up to you . You looked at her curiously, wondering if this was Nari that Merlin was talking about.

She held your hand before looking at everyone with a smile,
" I wish this girl to be my protector, if she accepts my request,"

Everyone looked at you, leaving you standing there in a shocked state. Clearing your throat, trying to shove away the awkwardness, you looked down at her with a smile,
" Sure, I'll protect you,"

She smiled and let go of your hand.

Merlin exclaimed,
" The Arcane Order want Nari and the Genesis seals. Y/n is now the protector of Nari and I respect Nari's decision,"

You sat down beside Nari on the couch, curious at why she chose you out of all people to protect her. You have never had proper battle experience and you still needed to improve the ability to control your power.

You asked her,
" Why do you want me to protect you? You hardly know me,"

She looked at you before responding with. smile,
" I sense you're extremely powerful and you have passion and courage. You have a chance to defeat my siblings,"

Suddenly, a girl with brown hair ran into the room gaining everyone attention,
" The Arcane Order, they've found you. They're outside waiting for you to come out,"

Merlin looked shocked at the news,
" They've found us already? Everyone get ready to battle, Y/n protect Nari at all costs. We have a battle to win,"