𝟬𝟱| 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗠𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥.

————— °•° ☆ °•° —————

ON MONDAY MORNING, Lyra was woke up by the blaring sound of the alarm clock; the poor girl almost falling off her bed due to how loud the sound was. She was sure that the entire Gryffindor Tower was up because of the thing. Groaning, Lyra forced herself out her the comfortable bed. She shot the enchanted clock a glare for ruining her sleep, according to Percy the clock rang every morning an hour before class but as shelooked at the time, the clock read six instead of eight. Classes usually started at nine. Looking around Lyra realised that it wasn't the enchanted clock that sounded but it was Hermione's personal alarm. The young girl's left eyes twitched in annoyance, the sudden urge to curl her fingers around Hermione's neck grew slightly as she watched the bushy haired take her robes out normally. She acted as though waking up three hours before class was a normal thing.

Knowing she won't get back to sleep, Lyra sighed dejectedly, rubbing her sleep-heavy eyes. "What the heck Hermione?" asked Lyra quietly.

Hermione spun around to face her, her eyes wide as she saw Lyra get down from her bed. The obvious suprise on her face made Lyra think that Hermione hadn't expected anyone to wake up alongside her. "Lyra! Oh did you alarm wake you? I'm so sorry!"

"Its fine. I probably would've slept through the actual alarm anyway." muttered Lyra. She yawned one last time before she finally sobered up a bit. She sent the bushy haired girl a lazy grin. "So what's the agenda for the day?"

Hermione instantly beamed. "Oh qe can do a lot today! I was thinking we head over to the library to see the topics for our classes in advance –"

"You're really into school, aren't you Hermione?" Lyra interrupted the beginning into Hermione's rant. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that Hermione was the bookworm, school nerd type of girl. It made Lyra wonder why she wasn't a Ravenclaw but then again, she was almost a Ravenclaw too. Hermione became slightly flustered.

"Well... yeah."

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, I personally think its kinda cool. At least you won't be a moronic fool." Lyra shrugged. "Besides, this'll change people's views on Muggle-born witches and wizards as well!"

Hermione gazed at Lyra in shock. "How did you know I was Muggle-born?"

"Oh that?" Lyra crossed her arms. "Its obvious. Well to me it was at least. You have this glint in your eyes and air that just screams Muggle-born. Your huge curiosity on wanting to know more helps out as well, you seemed way more eager to start lessons that the average witch or wizard." By the end of Lyra's explanation, Hermione was left gaping at her in shock. Nobody knew she was a Muggle-born considering it was just the first day but for Lyra to do so, just by looking at her? This girl was smarter than she looked.