𝟬𝟲| 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗗𝗨𝗘𝗟.

---- °•° ☆ °•° ----

---- °•° ☆ °•° ----

IF SOMEONE WERE to say that Lyra was related to Malfoy, Harry wouldn't not have believed it. The green eyed boy had also never believed he would meet a boy he hated more than Dudley, but that was before he met Draco Malfoy. Draco was the spoiled brat that was used to getting everything he wants, using his father's power and riches to his own advantages. Malfoy seemed to have made it his life ambition to make Harry's life a living nightmare. It had come to a point that once Harry was about to throw a spell at him but was only stopped when Lyra managed to chuck pudding at the back of his head. She had to serve her first detention that same night.

Luckily the first-year Gryffindors only had Potions with the Slytherins but unluckily, it seemed that Malfoy didn't care and used every opportunity to annoy them and Lyra was having just about enough of him (I don't care if he's my cousin, I'm gonna drown him in the Black Lake one of these days!"). It was on Tuesday when the trio's supposed to be good day had turned awful. Instead of having to put with Malfoy for just one lesson, on Thursday the flying would be starting - and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together.

"Typical," said Harry darkly. "Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy." He had been looking forward to learning to fly more than anything else.

"You say that as if it's going to happen, you don't know that for sure." said Lyra reasonably.

"Malfoy's always going on about how good is he at Quidditch, but I bet it's just all talk." Ron said. Him and Harry had failed to notice the way Lyra looked away from the both of them. She didn't have the heart to tell them that her cousin was actually a decent flyer - still not good enough to match her though - not with how nervous Harry was right now.

Malfoy certainly did talk alot about flying a lot. He complained loudly about first-years never getting in the house Quidditch teams, and told long and boastful stories which always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping Muggles in helicopters. He wasn't the only one, though; the way Seamus Finnigan told it, he'd spent most of his childhood zooming around the countryside on his broomstick. Even Ron would tell anyone who'd listen about the time he'd almost hit a hang-glider on Charlie's old broom. Lyra herself, considering she had spent her childhood playing Quidditch with her grandfather and Draco, was an exceptionally good flyer as she was constantly told. As an eleven year old, she wasn't supposed to be able to fly that fast.

Everyone from Wizarding families talked about Quidditch constantly. From what Harry had told Lyra, Ron had already had an argument with Dean Thomas, who shared their dormitory, about football. Ron couldn't see what was exciting about a game with only one ball where no one was allowed to fly and Lyra couldn't have agreed more. Lyra had laughed when she was told that Ron had actually tried to prod Dean's poster of West Ham football team, trying to make the player's move. Lyra herself had gotten into an argument with Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil of her dorm. They kept on saying how Quidditch was never meant to be a girl's sport because of how wild and rough it was and Lyra had never been more insulted in her entire life.