Episode 10.

***10,250 words****

The crowd erupts in cheers and applause. The team huddling together chanting "state!" Over and over, they had one their quarterfinals game, all wearing smiles of victory. Scott took off his helmet, looking around the field and the faces in the crowd. "Stiles." He says out loud. The team were jumping all over each other loud cheers of excitement as they made their way to locker room. "Stiles. Stiles! Has anyone seen Stiles? Stiles! Has anyone seen Stiles?" He goes ignored, the player pays no attention to him, only their victory. Scott turns to look around more for his friend, but instead of finding him, he bumps into Allison. "State, State, State, State!" A player chants at them as he cuts between them. After a few seconds of silence Allison giggles. "You were pretty awesome out there." Scott smiled "Thanks. You, too." Frowning at his owns words, the girl in front of him still smiling. "I mean, that's not what I meant." He tried to correct himself. "No, no, I, um, did some pretty good cheering. You can thank me." She joked. "You did?" Scott asked, over the moon that he was cheering and that she may have been cheering for him. She nodded. "Totally. I went from 'Go, team, go.' , to 'defense, defense' without a breath." She smiled proudly at herself. "I brought my A-game." The player that was chanting at them a minute before came back chanting the words again causing Allison to walk away. "State, State, State. State!" His chanting got slower and quieter when he saw the angry look on the McCall boys face, but turned away from him and went back to chanting with his jock buddies. Scott looked over to the doors leading out the field to see Allison and her father leaving. "Well, isn't that just heartbreaking?" Jackson strides over, laughing mockingly at the boy. "Gosh, I bet it causes a lot of sleepless nights. You know what, though, McCall? I actually sympathize, which is why I'm gonna make this mutually beneficial. You give me what I want, and I'll help you get her back." He tells him. "What?" Scott is generally confused. "Well, three days makes it just in time for the winter formal. Uh, think about you taking her instead of me. And also think about all the things you're able to do to get her out of some tight little dress by the end of the night. See how this could work out for everybody?" Scott glares at the boy who is trying to hold Allison over his head. "Three days, McCall." Jackson whispers, slaps the boys check. "Have fun." He says and walks away. Leaving Scott to stand in the middle of the room with an unhappy look.

Getting out of the locker room shower, a towel wrapped around his waist walking to his gym locker to get dressed. "By the way, McCall... Apology accepted." Danny got his attention from his locker across the room, a smile on his face. "I didn't apologize." Scott looked at the boy. "Every time you got the ball tonight, you passed it to me." Scott chuckled at how easy it seemed to apologize without actually saying no the words. "Every time I passed the ball to you, you scored." Both players wearing a smile. "Apology accepted." Danny said again putting his back on, heading out, leaving Scott the last man standing in the locker room. Getting ready to get dressed the power in the room goes out. "Danny?" Scott asks into the darkness. No answer came. Scott walked over to the light panel, flipping the switch up and down, but the lights didn't come back on. Looking around the room, he couldn't see anything in view, until he saw a lacrosse ball rolled out from the showers. "What the hell..." he whispered, walking to where the ball had come from, he bent over and picked it up, going further until he turned the corner seeing Derek Hale standing at the far wall. Dropping the ball Scott walked closer to man. "Thank God! Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" He asked. Peter Hale walked out from behind a wall behind Scott, holding a lacrosse stick, Derek looking past the boy to signal something was there, the slight relief fell from Scott when he turned around to see the older Hale that the last time he had seen him, was catatonic and in a wheel chair. "I really don't get lacrosse." Peter said looking at the netted stick. "It was you..." Scott said aloud. "When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport." Scott looked back at Derek; he was still trying to wrap his head around it all. "Still, I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes and that they played it to resolve conflict." He stated his strange historical information, putting the stick on his shoulder looking away from them. "Do I have that right? Well.... I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott." He put down the sport equipment and fully faced the boy. "But I need your help to do it." Scott looked at the man a serious look in his eyes. "I'm not helping you kill people." He declared. Peter looked offended. "Well, I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include...." Peter thought for a moment before looking at Derek for what he was looking for. "Allison." Derek said. Scott turned to the man he thought was in their side, hurt and then angry. "You're on his side? Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?" Scott shouted; this all was confusing to him he didn't understand any of it. "It was a mistake." Derek said like it didn't matter, it was in the past now, and no hard feelings towards it. "What?" Scott asked his voice higher in pitch. "It happens." The younger Hale said, normal day not a care in the world. "Scott..." Peter got the boys attention, the boy felt like his head was going to explode none of this made sense, he turned to look at the human formed Alpha. "I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We really just want to help you reach your full potential." "By killing my friends?" Peter nods. "Sometimes the people closest to you... Can be the ones holding you back the most." Scott wasn't backing down; he wasn't buying this crap. He wanted to be nothing like Peter, and he didn't want his help. "If they're holding me back from being a psychotic nut job like you... I'm okay with that." Peter walks closer to the boy, Scott takes a step back and looks at Derek, hoping maybe he'll put a stop to this but the just stands and stares.