The Plane to Sanfransokyo

With two suitcases, a guitar, a laptop bag, and tears in my eyes, I enter the terminal to board the plane to Sanfransokyo. I'm finally going to see Tadashi in person for the first time. With a sad, fluttery feeling in the pit of my stomach, I hand all of my things besides my laptop to the attendants. I board the plane and sit in the first class window seat.

I let all of my pent up emotions out, tears flooding from my eyes. "Mom...I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you.." I mumble through sobs.

I can remember that night a few weeks ago clearly. I was walking home at about 11:30 at night. The foul air stuck in the back of my throat. The cold concrete almost crumbled every time I took a step. I found my way to the door and reached for my key but to my surprise the door was wide open.

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled.

"AAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

"MOM!!" I screamed and reached for my pistol out of my purse, sure I was only 14 but I needed protection.(And I made it myself so no one could take it away from me.) A man retrieved the knife from my mothers shredded stomach and targeted me instead. I shot four times. My eyesight was blurry because I was trying not to cry. I needed to defend my mother and myself. I shot the man just a few centimeters away from his heart and he went into shell shock.

I got a lot of money from the government because of my mother's murder. Now I'm going to see Tadashi. But he doesn't know. It's a surprise. He gave me his address and we send things to each other now and then, so I'm going to just show up. It might seem rude, but I'd rather be rude and be there than be humble and lonely.

I see the city of Sanfransokyo approaching. It's even more beautiful in person than I imagined. "Oh, Tadashi. Look at the mess you've made out of me." We land and I exit the plane, grabbing all of my things. I hurry to get the rest of my luggage and I find the first taxi I see and give him the directions to Tadashi's.