Meat(Chapter 19)

(Jess's POV)

The next day, we said bye to my parents and flew home. The entire flight, Abel seemed a little quiet. I figured it was just because he was tired so I didn't think much of it.

When we got back to the house, I went straight to my room and put my stuff away then came back downstairs to find Abel laying on the couch playing candy crush on his phone.

I smiled to myself as I walk over to the couch leaning over the back to see him. He looks up from his phone and smiles at me.

"I'm gonna make us dinner. Is that okay?" I ask sweetly.

"Sounds good."

I decided to make some spaghetti with ground beef since I know Abel loves my spaghetti. But 30 minutes later, something happened.

As I started to cook the meat, the smell hit me like a brick and I suddenly started to feel sick to my stomach. I was gonna throw up.

I ran to the sink as quickly as I could before vomiting. I hear Abel running over to me and I feel him pick up my hair so it's not in my face.

"Hey, you're ok," he says with a worried tone to his voice.

I turn on the faucet and wipe my mouth while I let the water clean the sink.

"Ugh, I don't know what that was. The smell of the meat just.."

I gaged as the smell hit me again and I walked away from the kitchen, Abel following close behind.

"How about we just order some sushi since that obviously doesn't sound appetizing to you." he chuckled.

I nod suddenly feeling extremely tired.

Abel orders food and I go upstairs to call Lilly and tell her about the trip.

Just as I get upstairs, Lilly is already face timing me.

"Hey," I say answering the phone as I sit on my bed"

"Hey!!" she yells. "Dang, you look terrible," she says making a face at the screen.

I scoff. "Wow, thanks."

"No seriously, are you good?"

"Yea I'm just a little tired and I threw up for some reason while I was cooking meat a couple minutes ago and the smell was just-"

"Wait, " she cuts me off. "You threw up because of the smell of meat?"

"Yea, I mean it's weird but-"

"You know, " she starts slowly. "When my mom was pregnant with my younger brother, she couldn't stand the smell of cooking meat.."

Everything seemed to stop. My breathing, my hearing, everything, just.. went still.

A minute passes.

Another.

Then another.

I hear a knock at the door snapping me back to reality. Lilly had hung up the phone just as Abel walks in.

"Hey, are you feeling better?"

"Um, y- yea, " I say stuttering. "I'm ok."

That was a lie.

"Ok well, foods here."

"Cool, I'll be down in a second."

He nods and shuts my door as he leaves.

That's when I start to freak out.

"Holy fuck, holy fuck. No, no, no, no, no." I say out loud pacing back and forth.

I cannot be pregnant.

I run to my bathroom and pull everything out of my cabinets, looking for a pregnancy test. After emptying all my drawers and not finding one, I decided to go buy one.

I walk downstairs and see Abel at the table eating his sushi already.

Trying to act normal I ask "how is it?"

"He looks up from his food at me trying to swallow the piece he just shoved in his mouth.

"It's good, " he mumbles through his food.

"I'm not too hungry anymore so I'll just eat mine tomorrow."

He furrows his eyebrows at me but nods.

"I'm gonna run to the store real quick. I need to grab a few things."

He wipes his mouth with a napkin before speaking. "Want me to come with you?" he asks.

"No," I say a little too harshly. "It'll just take me a couple of minutes."

He nods and continues on his sushi.

I give a small sigh of relief and head over to the garage. I look at the cars then decide id rather walk since the seven eleven is only a couple of minutes walk away.

On the walk, I start to think about the actual possibility of being pregnant. With Abels kid.

I know he wants kids, like, badly, but I'm not ready to have a kid. No way in hell.

After getting to the store I grab 3 different tests just in case, pay, and start the walk back.

Once back at the house, Abel is still in the kitchen just sitting on his phone. I see him out of the corner of my eye look up at me, but I avoid eye contact and go straight upstairs and to my room. 

I go into the bathroom and lock myself in before unwrapping one of the test. I take it and sit on the floor as I wait.

A couple minutes later, I pick it up and see two pink lines.

Positive.

No.

I rip open another one and do it again.

Another couple of minutes pass.

Positive.

Starting to cry I tear open the last test.

I wait. Again.

Five minutes later I stand up shakily and look at the results.

Positive.

I feel everything go weak like I can't hold my weight up anymore and fall against the door sliding down to the floor.

I'm pregnant. With Abels fucking kid.