♡7•Clinic•7♡

I woke up to a weird sound in the bed underneath me. I wasn't fully awake until I heard Dr. Shepherd's voice.

"Lizzie was great today. She clipped an aneurysm." Dr. Shepherd said.

"You let her clip an aneurysm?" A familiar voice asked. "You didn't even let me do that until this year!"

"I wanted to give her a chance. If she messed up, she'd learn, in this case she didn't." 

"Well from now on, I don't want to hear about any of them. Lexie and Lizzie are just interns and they are not my sisters." 

It hit me. Dr. Shepherd was with Meredith and she didn't want anything to do with us. Just as I was about to go back to sleep, my pager went off. Thankfully, both of their pagers went off too and they didn't notice me. 

"911 in the pit." Dr. Shepherd said as he put on some clothes.

"Let's go." They both left the on-call room and I climbed down from the bunk bed.

After 30 seconds, I left the on-call room and ran down the stairs to the pit. The other interns were there along with Dr. Yang. 

A woman was rolled in on a gurney. "Gas line blew in an apartment building. 5 injured." The paramedic said.

"We'll take this." Dr. Yang said as she examined the woman. "One, Four, you're with me." She started walking away with the woman on the gurney.

"What about us?" Lexie asked.

"Two, Three, Five, go help Bailey in the clinic." Dr. Yang said without looking back.

We all walked towards the clinic where Dr. Bailey was.

"What are you 3 doing here? Didn't a gas line blow up or something?" Dr. Bailey asked.

"Dr. Yang sent us here to help you." I smiled at her.

"At least one of the interns isn't an idiot." Dr. Bailey smiled back at me then put her serious face on again. "Rooms 1 and 7 are private and should be used for private conversations with patients, not for closed-door socializing. All carts are set up the same, memorize where everything is."

"Will we be able to do procedures on our own?" The other intern, Steve asked.

I knew what was coming and I started internally cringing.

"No. You are interns. You are in charge of nothing. All procedures will be discussed and overseen by an upper level. All charts will be signed out by an upper level. And all patients will be looked at by someone other than you!" Dr. Bailey chastised Steve.

"And what if- oh I'm sorry." Lexie knocked over a box of syringes. She kneeled on the floor and started picking them up. "What if we can't find anyone?" Lexie asked. 

Dr. Bailey looked at Steve, Lexie and then me. I knew what she was thinking. We were gonna burn down her clinic by the end of the day and she needed to find someone to calm the flames.

Instead of answering Lexie's question, Dr. Bailey scoffed and walked out of the clinic muttering something I couldn't understand. I helped Lexie pack up the rest of the syringes and put them back into place.

"What do we do now?" Steve asked.

"Help people." I started walking towards a little girl with her father.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Grey, what seems to be the problem?" I asked the little girl. 

"I have the sniffles." She said as she wiped her nose with tissue.

"And how long has this been going on?" 

"About a month now." Her father said.

A month? That's unheard of.