♡17•Party•17♡

2 weeks later, I finally saw Lexie's place. But I saw it at night because they had a party and everyone was very drunk.

"Isn't this fun?" Lexie yelled in my ear, unaware that she was practically destroying my eardrums.

"Mhm, like in college." I took a sip of my soda and spit it out immediately. "That's not soda, that's scotch ew." 

Lexie and the other interns were dancing. Her and George just invited me out of courtesy but in reality, I had nothing to do here. I was underage so I couldn't drink and I had a long day at the hospital so I couldn't dance.

I sat around for 2 hours playing games on my phone until the party winded down. The other interns went home and I put Lexie and George to bed and fell asleep on the couch.

The next day, Lexie was very hungover.

"Why didn't you stop me?" She threw up in her toilet. "I did. You told me to relive my college days. I was 9 in college." I smiled and patted her head. George wasn't as hungover but he still was so he took an Advil.

I showered and put my hair in a french braid with a blue ribbon. Lexie just put on a headband, not even bothering to do it correctly so I fixed her hair too. 

"Come on, we're gonna be late." I put on Lexie's headband correctly and George drove us to work.

"So...you were pretty wild in college weren't you Lexie?" George laughed.

"Mhm. I was the one who had to drag her drunken self to her bed and simultaneously study for exams." I looked out the window.

"I wasn't that bad." Lexie denied.

We went in to work and today we were in the clinic. I didn't mind because I got to work with Izzie.

When we walked into the clinic, everyone was laughing with George and Lexie so I made my way to Izzie.

"Hi Izzie." I smiled at her and she hugged me.

"Hey, how's my favorite intern?" I hugged her back.

"I'm good. Lexie and George had a party last night so I got to play games on my phone for 2 hours." 

"Oh...that's great." Izzie fake smiled.

"Okay uh..." George walked up to us.

"Hey, you paged?" I tried to signal George to walk away but he didn't get it.

"O'Malley! Sup, party dude?" Izzie tried using party slang and I just cringed and waited for the earth to swallow me. "Want to know what I did last night, George? I googled recipes. I spent the night with a search engine." I felt bad for Izzie. George had a new group of friends and was leaving his other one behind.

"Oh, but that was just - it was so spontaneous. Think you'd want to hang out with other interns?."

Leo walked up and gave O'Malley a fist bump. "Code." 

"Code." O'Malley fist bumped him back and I just wanted to die right there and then.

Izzie was practically seething with anger now. "What is that?"

George couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, it was just something we came - well, he came up with. He coded." George did the hand gestures too and the other interns did it as well. "It was really funny after seven or eight shots."

Lexie came up to George all smiley and no longer hungover. "Hey. So, um, we're all set for tonight."

"Tonight? What's tonight?" Izzie butted in.

"Oh! Um...the interns, we're just having a little darts tournament at Joe's." Lexie waved it off like it was nothing.

Izzie smiled. "Oh, my God. I love darts!"