♡9•Hug The Wall•9♡

Lexie and I came back the day after that for a 24-hour shift. We were once again, assigned to the pit with Dr. Yang. Lexie and I were reading the assigned book for the interns when we heard someone shout.

"Lexie!" George burst into the OR and startled us both. "Sorry, have you seen Dr. Stevens?" I shook my head.

"No, have you seen Dr. Yang?" George shook his head.

"She told us to meet her in the pit, and she's not here. I don't wanna give that woman any more reasons to hate me." George took out his phone and dialed someone.

"Good for you." George started walking away but Lexie followed and I stayed with my back to the wall.

"I'm prepared. I'm gonna answer every question correctly and I'm not gonna take any more of her crap." Lexie acted determined. 

In reality, she was absolutely terrified. In the hotel and on our way to the hospital, she asked me to quiz her. Whenever she got something wrong she would give me candy and I would make her watch me eat it as punishment. I don't know how my sister's mind works.

"Three, Five incoming! Let's move." I stood up straight and ran to the ER doors. 

"Not gonna take any more of her crap you say?" I laughed at Lexie.

"Oh shut up." She rolled her eyes.

A high school student was rolled in on a gurney and into Trauma 1.

"He got hit during a scrimmage." The man behind him said.

Dr. Shepherd turned around to face him. "Are you the coach?"

"He's my dad." The patient on the table rolled his eyes.

"And his coach. He was charging the receiver after the kickoff. He got blocked, had his head down, couldn't see the other guy coming." A father chastising his son while he's a patient isn't very helpful.

"I had my head down because the guy blocking me was holding it down." The patient rolled his eyes again.

"You could've gotten past that guy." His father started raising his voice.

"I need you to leave the room." Dr. Shepherd turned around again. "Ok, let's cut him out of his equipment. I need the saw." Dr. Shepherd looked at Lexie. "Dr. Grey I need you to help me stabilize his neck and his head please." 

Lexie went around the table and held the patient's head in place. 

"It's very important Adam, that you not move your head. I need you to keep perfectly still, do not move. Relax." Adam closed his eyes as he heard the saw moving closer and closer to his head.

"Dr. Grey, go order a C.T. scan for Adam please." I nodded my head and left the room.

10 minutes later, Dr. Shepherd, Dr. Yang, Lexie and I were waiting for Adam's C.T. scans.

"I can't believe that kid's dad. I mean his son is paralyzed and the guy is still riding him." Lexie said.

"He acts like dad when Molly is around. He's always chastising her for not reaching her true potential and all that stuff." Lexie nodded her head and turned back towards the C.T.

"Three, Five, focus more on the medicine and less on the tragedy." Dr. Yang chastised us and I looked down at my shoes.

"Three and Five?" Dr. Shepherd turned towards us. "Are those nicknames?"

"You could say that." Lexie kept her eyes on the C.T.

"So how would you proceed, Lexie?" Dr. Shepherd kept his eyes on Lexie.