FIVE

𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐀

"Eighth shaman's bloodline? Check. A witch with no magic? Check. With a mother who is a witch who has magic? Check. With a father who practices sacrificial magic? Wait, your father practices sacrificial magic?" He asks in a nonchalant tone.

"Yeah. Well, I killed him. Amell kept up his legacy. But there's nothing to be worried about," I say in a sing-a-song manner. Suddenly I feel like a butterfly. "Amell is in a deep slumber," a smirk plays on my lips as I think of him lying in a coffin inside a boundary and all cloaked.

"You killed daddy Elrod? Damn. Didn't think you had it in you," I can't tell if he was being sarcastic or what. I roll my eyes.

"Now you know, why I am a prisoner, I killed 3 of my siblings and my father. When I get out I'll pick up from where I left off. I have 4 more to go," I bite my lips to contain myself from smiling like a maniac.

"Who put you in?" He puts the book away.

"Your daddy dearest, who else? Why are you here? What did you do?" I nudge him. We walk out of the library and stand near the door.

"What? We are going to catch up on gossip like teenagers?"

"We are in our late 30s but according to the prison world, we are in our early 20s. In the real world, we were supposed to have our own families, married to the love of our lives but here we are. We also look like teenagers. So, it doesn't matter of what age we are," I pull him in front of a mirror that was placed beside a tv.

"No. Maybe you do but I don't look like a teenager," he turns around to face me.

Oh, boy! Who's going to tell him?

"How old were you when you were thrown here?" I ask, examining his face.

"22," he wraps his arm around my shoulder and guides me out of the house.

"I was 23 when I was first put in a prison world. So I am a year older than you even when in reality, you are a year older than me," I pass him an ear to ear smile.

"Yeah, not confusing at all," he hops his way out.

We talk a little more but he still didn't tell me why he was sent here. I guess he is getting us equal in keeping things from each other.

He stops in front of the Parker mansion. "Don't tell me you are going in that shit," I tell him.

"Why? What's wrong? It's where I reside," he walks forward but I don't.

"I am going to mom's then," I start walking but was stopped by fingers wrapping around my wrist.

Kai looks taken aback for some reason. "I haven't touched anyone in years," he says.

"You touched me yesterday. I touched you earlier today," I point out.

"Yesterday, I was trying to siphon from you and today you were frying my brain along with flashing memories. They barely count as touches,"

I haven't even noticed when I started walking. I am standing in the Parker house.

"You tricked me," I whisper.