TEN

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐈

she presses her lips together before continuing, "Hi," she greets.

"Hi,"

"I am Hermia," She holds out her hand for me to shake.

"I am Malachai," I awkwardly tap tap it and then shake her hand.

"That's weird. Uhm, Kai, what do you do?" She asks slightly smiling.

"What's your- What's your coven?" I don't know what to say. I am fumbling.

"What?" She lets out a laugh.

"Sorry. You are like really pretty,"

"My coven? I am not a witch, just- uh- a regular girl from Eugene," her mood was all brightened up.

"Cool. What's your favorite insect?" I ask, I don't know what I'm saying anymore.

"I- I like butterflies," she answers blushing like crazy making my smile widen.

"Your earlobes are really nice- nice shapes," I am guessing she is gonna dagger me next.

"Really?" A reddish hue appears more pigmented on her cheeks.

"Yeah, nicely shaped, your-" the stuttering, oh my god.

"Thanks. Where did you say you are from? Never seen you before. You are not from Eugene,"

"I was in this place, uh, this place that was, uh, they are using this place that I see-," she interrupts my nicely formed sentence.

"A place? Where?"

"I got stuck in... Do you like cupcakes?" I ask changing the subject.

"Yeah, I like them. Do you like white chocolate? I hate white chocolate, they taste like nothing and are slightly salty? I guess. They taste dumb. I don't know how 'dumb' tastes like but I think if 'dumb' had a taste it'd taste like white chocolate. I don't know, whatever," she rambles and occasionally shrugs in between her words.

"I don't love it, but I don't hate it either,"

"Cool. I don't like the music playing right now let me change it," she gets up to put on a different song.

My eyes land on a bottle of Zima on the next table. I reach out of it but couldn't. I stand and bump into Mie. She holds onto my elbow as I wrap my arm around her waist to keep her from falling.

Her heart was racing like crazy. I think that needs to stop or she's gonna get cardiac arrest and then die. But she'll come back again. Then she'll be angry, then sad, then happy, then sad again, and then angry again. It's a weird circle. She is weird. But in a good way. I guess?

Hermie lets go of my arm but don't move away. I tighten my hold on her waist to press her body against mine.

It's like I need to feel her as close to me as possible.

A gasp escapes her lips. She looks up to meet my gaze. Her arms rise and wrap around my neck. Pulling my head closer to hers, she presses her lips on mine.

I Instantly respond to her lips. I move my lips with hers with a certain type of passion I newly possess. Turning us around, I set her on the table. I push her legs apart to stand between them. She quickly wraps them around my waist, pulling me closer.

She tugs at my hair making me groan onto her lips.

Her tongue glides between my lips. I roll my body to get some friction, making her pass a whimper.

We pull away at the lack of oxygen in our lungs. We have our foreheads pressed onto each other. Breathing hard. I caress my thumb over her lower lip. We stay there for a little longer.

Do you think that's what happened? No! She jolted away from my touch as if she has been electrified.

My mind is playing tricks on me.

Creating some distance between us she gets back in her seat. I grab the Zima bottle.

"You zoned out," she points.

"Nah, shit!" I laugh out due to sarcasm. "We should get home, it's getting dark,"

"Yeah, as If it makes any difference. Light or dark it's the same in this world," she talks.

"You wanna stay here? Fine. I am going, I don't wanna witness the eclipse yet again," I snap. Why? I have no idea.

"You don't have to see the eclipse. Go home, fall asleep, and don't wake up till the Geminis are demolished. You are annoying anyways,"

"Like you can spend your stay in this prison alone, without me,"

"I can. I have survived 4 prisons without any allies just fine. I was completely alone in the previous one for 20 months. I think I can handle it," she says checking out her cuticles.

It's fun to mess with her.

"For your information, I was isolated for my whole life,"

"So what? Do you want a pat on your back from me? I didn't say anything about you being not able to stay alone. I thought we were talking about me not being able to live without you. I know you can do pretty much good without me, you'd do even better without me. And so can I," I bite the inside of the corner of my lips to prevent myself from smiling at her.

"Admit it or not, you need me," I lean to whisper in her ear

"Last time I checked you didn't have the ascendant nor were you a Bennett," she points out.

"You need a Gemini to do the locator spell with to find the ascendant,"

It's true.

"We need magic to perform a spell," she thinks for a second before speaking again. "Let's go home already. We have an ascendant to find," woohoo! A smile spread big on my lips.

°°°

"You sure we are gonna find magic there?" We are driving for God knows how long. Hermia said she knows a place where we could find magic.

"It's not a vast amount but it's enough to do a locator spell,"

She hits a harsh break. We get out of the car. A house that looked like it was a haunted one from the horror stood in front of us.

She steps inside with me following her. She opens yet another door and gestures her hand gracefully toward a sealed door.

I breathe in but the scent to hit my nostrils is dusty and old wood's. Spider nets here and there, covered in dust.

I remember exactly why she is here. I smirk turning to her. She lifts her eyebrow and tilts her head in a cocky manner.

We, I and Mia sealed this door with magic in 1993 with a vampire in it.

"Is the vampire still stuck in it?" I ask.

"No, I released him at the end of June 1994. On May 10th this hall room was still sealed,"

"Why did you release him?"

"He was locked up for a year, I think that's enough to pay for his actions. He wasn't that awful to stay sealed for centuries. And I tried seeing it from his point of view," oh.

"Didn't he want to kill you for locking him up for a year?" I try my best at ignoring the urge to get my hands on the magic.

"He'd kill me if he had remembered me. I made him forget our faces and names. He only remembers me releasing him. He was very thankful for that," nice.

Hermia places her palm on the door, siphoning all the magic.

She has really small palms.

"We are done here," she announces.

I watch her quickly run off to the car, she lifts the backside to reveal a big wooden box. I stalk close to her.

"What are you doing now?"

"Storing magic. Don't want to lose our last bits of magic, do we? Let's get going before we miss the Thanksgiving dinner you made, shall we?"