✭ The first Motive ✭

Tick, tick, tick...

I closed my eyes. It had been a long day. I need to get some sleep if I'm going to be on my guard and alert of any suspicious activity.

...

Welp, time to go to sleep. Guess I should do that now.

...

Yup, sleep, my old friend. Now I just wait.

...

Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to sleep.

I sat upward in my bed, blinking a couple times. This is never going to work. It was now late at night, and I still haven't been able to fall asleep.

I've been physically drained all day, I'm worn out and exhausted, so why am I not sleeping? I should be sleeping!

Tick, tick, tick...

I swear to god if that clock goes 'tick tick tick' one more time, I'm gonna tick tick, kick it right off the wall.

I sighed and got up, out of my bed. Well, might as well go walk around. Anything is better than being hauled up in this small little room. I mean, the place didn't even have windows, how am I supposed to get any bit of fresh air in here.

I walked out of my room and out of the dorms, glad to be out of the stuffy feeling of the dorm. It's not like the room was particularly small or anything, it just bothered me being in there.

I picked a spot on the grass and sat there, staring at the sky. It looked so real, but it was all artificial, wasn't it? To think, this was where I thought I'd truly die.

To think people could be sick enough to create this show.

To think I was sick enough to want to participate in it.

I'll never forgive myself for that.

But then again, I guess I'm a completely different me. This is the 2nd version of me. Like I was upgraded? I mean, I'd definitely prefer this version of me rather than whatever signed up for this bullshit.

Whatever, I guess that's not important. It's not really the time to have a life crisis, now is it?

But is there ever really a proper time? I can't do it infront of anyone, I can't do it when I'm alone. Maybe I should just forget about the crisis thing altogether. I demand

no more crises. Yeah, crises are for nerds.

"What are you doing out here?" I rolled over at the sound of the voice to see who it was, though I kinda could already tell.

"Aww, what's my dearest Saihara-Chan doing up at this hour? Decided you want to makeout with me and get married to me already?"

Saihara paused. "We've known each other for a day."

We've known each other a lot longer than that.

"Is that a no?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "Nevermind. What are you doing out here?" He repeated his question.

"Oh, I'm just star gazing as I think about who I'm gonna murder~"

"For some reason, I don't believe that.."

"Aww, you caught me, that was just a lieeee! I'm just out here because I wanna be, you shouldn't question me y'know!"

"Well, I couldn't sleep and I heard someone walking down the hall. I was just curious to see who it was.

"Well now you know, so you go back to your room!"

"You sure? You seem pretty lonely-"

"Pffsh, me? Lonely? Am not! I was enjoying my alone time! Now shoo!"