Chapter: 3

A day off from missions

Naruto was now walking towards Sasuke's house. After the Genin teams were announced they had new teammate and he was surprised she was not just fangirl but a determined kunoichi. They had been doing back-to-back D-rank missions, so they had today off.
Naruto at first thought that she was just a fangirl and would be just all over Sasuke in their missions.
But to his surprise she actively participated in their d-rank missions with seriousness. He also heard from her that she was also training in her clan's jutsu as well.
'guess she is not just a fangirl. She takes her shinobi career seriously.' Thought Naruto to himself.

As he was in thoughts, Sasuke appeared in front of him.

"Yo" said Sasuke in his normal stoic voice.
"Good morning, Sasuke. I am heading to Ichiraku Ramen want to come with me? I am starving for my breakfast." Said Naruto.

"I just had mine. But I will accompany you there." Said Sasuke.

Both of the boys put their hands in their pockets and started to walk towards their destination.

As they walked inside the stands of Ichiraku Ramen, Sasuke's face now had a bothered-look.
It was because they spotted Haruno Sakura.
'Kami! Of all the people in the world why should I bump into her now?" thought Sasuke.

"Woah, looks like team 10 is here..." said Naruto in his cheery voice.

Shikamaru and Choji turned around to greet Naruto.

"Hey there Naruto. How have you been?" asked Choji while slurping his ramen.

"I have been good. How about you guys? I haven't seen you people since the genin team placements." asked Naruto to team 10.

"Well, we have been good. But life as a genin is quite troublesome..." said Shikamaru in his usual 'Lazy' tone.

"So are you here by yourself or is your team in tow?" asked Choji.

"No, its not like we were coming here as a team, I am here along with Sasuke." Said Naruto.

On hearing Sasuke's name Sakura turned her head around to see. She never participated in the conversation in the first place... But now on hearing Sasuke's name she asked a bit more happier than usually "Huh? Hey Naruto where is Sasuke-kun. You said he was with you."

"Eh? What do you mean where is he? He is here right with me see...." As he completed, he turned his right and saw that Sasuke wasn't there.

"What the... he was right here with me. Where did he go all of a sudden?"

'Troublesome' though Shikamaru.

Naruto got out of the stand and saw outside Sasuke who was looking a bit tensed. Naruto didn't understand what made him so worked up.

"hey Sasuke why are you sweating and looking so nervous?" said Naruto. On hearing Naruto he turned towards him and said stutteringly "i-its n-not-thing Naruto. I-I am fi-fine."

"Eh? You are now stammering. Your stammering could rival to Hinata's." Naruto said the last bit sarcastically.

Sasuke took a deep breath and cooled himself a bit.
'Boy why should have that happened in the first place with Sakura yesterday night?' thought Sasuke as he blushed again. It felt too good for him to not forget it.

"Sasuke want to stay there or come inside so that I can have my ramen and we can hang out afterwards?" asked Naruto.

Sasuke just nodded and went inside, along with Naruto.
Naruto noticed something now, usually Sakura would brighten up upon hearing Sasuke's name in any mood. But today she was much happier.